It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Nephcast: Thanksgiving from a Native American Perspective.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

PODcast: Nephcast: Thanksgiving from a Native American Perspective.
I return from my long podcast vacation with a discussion about how Native Americans might feel about Thanksgiving and the misconceptions we are taught about it from an early age

length: 05:15
file: btstpod_2027.mp3
size: 4925k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Love you, love your PODcasts!

Thanksgiving, like most other holidays and birthdays, aren't much celebrated in this house. We have found it liberating and soul-nurturing to have all but given up holidays. This Thursday will be another day for us. I'm cooking Cornish Game Hens and my Mother-in-law is coming for lunch, but the 'celebration' is only for her benefit as we are her only relatives in close approximation.

We do something a little special on the day but mostly for her benefit. One year we met up with her at the VLA (Very Large Array) for a Thanksgiving feast of homemade sub sandwiches. One of our most memorable holidays.

I am thankful for everything in my life every day. I make a habit of being grateful and appreciative of the wonderful loves in my life. I'm not religious, so being thankful to a deity for abundance of food seems kind of out of integrity to me.

Keep PODcasting!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

PODcast: Nephcast: Thanksgiving from a Native American Perspective. (reply 1)
Good to see you again my friend. I had to reply

length: 02:32
file: btstpod_2029.mp3
size: 893k
feed:

join