It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Draft to make a return!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An influential Democratic lawmaker on Sunday called for reinstatement of the draft as a way to boost U.S. troop levels and draw a broader section of the population into the military or public service.

U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel (news, bio, voting record), the incoming chairman of the House of Representatives' tax-writing committee, said he would introduce legislation to reinstate the draft as soon as the new, Democratic-controlled Congress convenes in January.

news.yahoo.com...

I uh..I don't even know what to think at the moment, but I welcome anyone else to comment on this issue. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So, issuing a draft is something the Democrats want?

Sigh... Republicans start wars, Democrats start drafts... How's the employment outlook in Canada?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've been hearing on other chat boards about the dems wanting a draft for the past four years. This isn't anything new. I doubt anything will happen until President Hillary takes over in 2009.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've been hearing on other chat boards about the dems wanting a draft for the past four years. This isn't anything new. I doubt anything will happen until President Hillary takes over in 2009.

That's why they want to do it in January, when they take over. I don't know if they will be succesful, but I sure as hell don't want no draft.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Impreza]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hands up for those that think the Dems as being in the back pockets of friends of Israel and the NWO will not be warhawks to make the REPS look like chickens.

Hillary will make GWB look like a wimp. I can see this broad declaring war against anybody that dares even laugh at her.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Impreza, but there is an existing thread on this topic.

Military & Security Issues ยป Democrats control Congress and they want the Draft.

Additional thoughts, comments or opinions should be posted there.

Thank you, all.

Closing ...

[edit on 11/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join