It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supply weapons so enemy can fight back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
USA,UK,Russia,France and China The five permenant members of the UN security council.

USA,UK,Russia,France and China Top Five largest arms suppliers to developing countrys
(In no specific order)

What gives?

Arms Sales By Supplier Nations source. scroll down for statistics.

Supplying weapons so they can fight back?

[edit on 19-11-2006 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Come on it's simple, supplying both factions of waring groups makes for grossious stupendious profits.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
Come on it's simple, supplying both factions of waring groups makes for grossious stupendious profits.

Yeah I get that bit, but surely if for instance France purchases weapons from USA and then supplies weapons to one of USA's Enemy's, the USA is technicaly arming thier own enemy to kill USA soldiers.

How can this type of thing be ethical when they all sit around the same table to discuss the waring factions?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Did someone watch Lord of War last night?

It all comes down to money as most things do, military sales are big business in the world and money from poor countries is still money.

To quote your link xSMOKING_GUNx

The Arms Trade is Big Business
The world spends some $1,000 billion annually on the military.

That is a lot of money by anyone's standards, from a politician's point of view they are between a rock and a hard place, they can call for a limit on arms sales and impact their economy and annoy those rather wealthy and powerful businessmen who own the military hardware companies or they can do nothing and pretend the issue doesn't exist.
Money drives politics and for while the higher echelon politicians who could do something might smile and pose for a photo opportunity with a poor African child they will also do nothing to truly denounce the arms sales which will likely see the same child lose a limb or be killed.

UK arms sales to Africa reach £1 billion mark (2005)
Analysis of official figures shows annual weapons sales almost quadrupled between 1999 and 2004.

Sad really isn't it? The most powerful nations on this planet truly are the Lords of War.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Lol, i love it when people finaly wake up and see this. Yhea, someone has been watching Lord Of War. Only one part that movie really missed, and probably the best example of all; the Chechnyan war. All the tech Russia assigned to that conflict was by military standards not fit for service, the soldiers; completely green (so the don't loose any trained and experienced soldiers). The chechnyans were even reported by Spetsnaz to sometimes have their hands on some Russian developed weapons and tech that wasn't even common or still experimental in the russian military. The money that came out of that conflict would be off the grid if ever made public. If anyone ever kills Yeltsin for me that will be a national holiday. Lord of war probably never covered this topic cause it's too sensitive politicaly anyways. But yhea, did you think it was just "the bad russians ex-Soviets" selling weapons to the world? hell no. Get used to it. What's a life of a GI worth? Sure all that money that is used by the military to train and pay for soldiers sure looks pricey, but weapons and munitions cost even more. take all the money spent on the GI, subtract from that the money made on selling the weapons to kill the GI, and you'll be left with some income
. Mind you the weapons a country sells to kill it's own soldiers don't necissarily have to be produced by that country.

Regards

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is exactly what everyone needs to know about the world. It's not everything, but it will get people thinking. If we would all just see what's going on, then refuse to be a part of anything that has to do with them (not fighting, not making them richer) then we could make this earth whatever we wanted. It could be exactly as everyone hopes it will be one day. All we have to do is realize who truly holds the power, and it's not them. We have been fooled into believing that we are inferior to our governments and leaders, well guess what, it's time to realize that they are only where they are because of us. Without us they are nothing, and if we refuse to take part in their system, then we can finally be free.

I hope that everyone that reads this thread will either start to see or get others to see.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

Originally posted by reaper2

Yeah I get that bit, but surely if for instance France purchases weapons from USA and then supplies weapons to one of USA's Enemy's, the USA is technicaly arming thier own enemy to kill USA soldiers.
be ethical when they all sit around the same table to discuss the waring factions?

It really does not matter who arms who for the most part because the first world never sell the most advanced weapons which give them the edge, so france would know america has no chance of losing a war against someonethey sold weapons to.
Another thing is it's not really the goverments as such but the weapons industry, the government are benefactors, and who could say NO! to billions for thier nation and millions as side kicks for all their trouble.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes, I did watch lord of war, and yes it did prompt this thread, and I am glad I did, it opened my eyes a little more, although suspicion and basic knowledge was already seeded.

At the end of the film it said that it was based on true events which made me do a little research in to it.

The link in my first post is pretty informative on the matter although I have since found several other sites that repeat or elaborate on this little understood subject.

So if you want an entertaining way of seeing this point watch the film its actually quite good, and if you would like some more statistics or defined statistics or even ramifications and effects then I can post more links.

Regards xS_Gx

top topics

join