It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Nuke Exploding in Iraq (HQ)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It was a controlled detonation by EOD most likely. Those happen nearly daily over there. There are no nukes in Iraq, especially not stored in a munitions depot. There have been stories about errant insurgent mortar/rockets setting off large explosions when they got a lucky hit on large stockpiles of munitions, so that's another possibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Seems like it would be pretty wastefull to use a "tactical nuke" to blow something that would simply take a match to destroy i.e. an ammo dump.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
During Desert Storm, when they dropped Daisy Cutters on the Republican Guards, the explosions could be felt 80 miles away, and seen 200 miles away(and that's with just 15,000lbs of HE). Some of these controlled Detonations are of 10 x that magnitude. I had a buddy of mine over there at the same time I was, and they were blowing up 50 tons or more at a time, of munitions. The mushroom clouds from those blasts were quite large. I say again, there are no tactical nukes going off in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The title for that video is inaccurate and was already discussed here on ATS.

Scroll down to my comment at this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Original file name was MSAFireCaldwell.wmv and this was footage of an ammo dump set on fire.

No asploding nuke in there, move along.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join