It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me your papers... Shades of Nazi germany here in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
As we all know since the early 90's there has been a no fly list... and now... that is being extended to cruise liners, fishing boats, and essentially any craft leaving the United States. No vessel will be allowed to leave until it has received permission from Homeland Security.

www.opednews.com
The Department of Homeland Security proposed new rules back in July that would fundamentally undermine the right of American citizens to travel abroad. Public carriers--airlines, cruise lines, even fishing boats--will be required to submit the names of all passengers to Homeland Security prior to departure and to obtain permission from Homeland Security to board those passengers. These new rules will take effect January 14, 2007.

Current practices already represent a severe restriction on the right to travel. The "no-fly list" dates back to 1990, but Patriot Act I created a new agency, the Transportation Security Administration, that was charged with creating and maintaining a list of people who were not allowed to board airplanes. The list was reported to have contained around 1,000 names by the end of 2001 of people strictly forbidden to fly plus a second longer list of "selectees" who were to be called out of line and subjected to closer searches and intense questioning before they were allowed to board. Many American politcal activists reported that they were on the "selectee" list. These lists of names were provided to airlines who were charged with the task of separating out listed passengers and notifying authorities. In December, 2005, a Swedish airline leaked that the list had grown from 1,000 to over 80,000.

The new procedure will completely eliminate the opportunity for the public to find out how many people are on the list. No airline or cruise company will ever receive a "no-fly" or "selectee" list. Instead of providing a passenger manifest after departure as now required by the Customs and Border Patrol, airlines, cruise lines and other public carriers will have to provide a provisional passenger list prior to departure. This list will be checked against a Homeland Security list of citizens approved for international travel, and the carrier will be ordered not to board those who are not approved. This is from the proposed rule itself:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know this is supposed to be me here, but there was one more paragraph that needed to be inserted.

Therefore, CBP [Customs and Border Patrol] has concluded that the prevention of a high-risk passenger from boarding an aircraft is the appropriate level of security in the commercial air travel environment. Manifest data received and vetted prior to passenger boarding will enable CBP to attain this level of security. Further, this vetting of passengers on international flights should eliminate the need for passenger carriers to conduct watch list screening of these passengers, upon publication and implementation of a final rule. Accordingly, with this proposed rule,CBP is proposing two transmission options for air carriers to select from at their discretion: (i) the submission of complete manifests no later than 60minutes prior to departure or (ii)transmitting passenger data as individual, real-time transactions, i.e.,as each passenger checks in, up to but no later than 15 minutes prior to departure. Under both options, the carrier will not permit the boarding of a passenger unless the passenger has been cleared by CBP.

Dame sus papirs... how nazi germanyish of the United States. On top of that they are building a wall, man, is it designed to keep out mexicans or keep in US citizens. More and more prisons being built by the likes of Halibuton and kept empty for no logical reason.

How much longer before it really is impossible for anyone to leave this country unless they are "party members"?

I am becoming more and more disgusted with my country. And I'm not keyboard ranter, i get out and participate and try to do my best to change things. But it just seems more and more like there is nothing we can do.

Its starting to look like I may have to immigrate somewhere, I love my country, but I won't live in a country that is running headlong towards an Authoritarian Theocracy ala Iran, or a Capitalist totalitarian dictatorship ala China.

Related News Links:
www.crooksandliars.com
sianews.com
en.wikipedia.org

new topics

join