It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Git'Mo German Prisoner mentions severe torture treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
LINK:

www.thenews.com.pk...

I seem to recall all the ditto and fox chowderheads telling us the U.s. does not torture. Once again getting proved wrong and another innocent person going free.
And once again, this man was innocent. How many people does that make? Yet another failure. What a surprise.

Shackled to a ceiling for four or five days? Electro-Shock? Water torture?
And all these fools had is, "Is you wit AL QUEDA? Tell the truth Hodjeeee. Do you know where OSAMA is. Oh, you turkish? That's a good cover if you ask me" Brilliant tactics, guys

But Duncan "Chickenhawk Yellow Elephant" Hunter said they got Rice Pilaf and Orange Chicken and were treated with respect and civility. Well, if Duncan Hunter and Rush Limbaugh said it then it has to be true. Can we blame this one on clinton? No? Stop whining you detainees. I am an american and Im entitled to strip your rights as a citizen of your proposed country because I am paranoid and

The ignorance knows no bounds.

Can you imagine the outrage if someone like Rush Limbaugh was detained in Git Mo for Enemy Combatant? Sorry to tell you this, it is about ethnicity and nationality and class. Because if these were caucasians from America, there would be massive outrage that they are detained & coverage nonstop by the corporate media structures.

Why?
Because

1)America is righteous/prosperous/ and can do no wrong
2) If America does something immoral or wrong, see number 1

America is going to have hell to pay. And it's just getting started with the bill of retribution.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How can people say that these tortures do not occur? FOX News is the number one propoganda station in the entire world of TV stations.

And of course you have got the mindless people who still somehow believe that their President and their military are somehow serving the best interests of all involved. They think, without actually thinking about it, that their country is the epitome of integrity and justice throughout the world...

If that is the case....we are in BIG trouble!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Shackled to a ceiling for four or five days? Electro-Shock? Water torture? p

Not torture. The government has said that it makes people stand in uncomfortable positions and water boards them. Sorry not pleasant, but not torture. When there are people comming out of there with missing limbs, then we can call it torture.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yeah it's sad. The US has been hiding the fact that we torture for decades. I guess all countries do it but their administrations know how to keep it quite. Plus I don't think other countries that haven't gotten busted for it yet havent because they haven't gone as over bord as the US has with it lately.

It's a tough dilemma. being nice to enemy combatants doesn't work either. So what does one do?

Maybe in a time when humanity grows up we won't have sensless wars or torture. Not that I'm against wars for the right reasons, like defending the helpless/defensless. ANd for the preservation of our species...not our culture or stubbern beliefs.

I personaly know someone who was interrogating (read torture) Iraqis durring the first gulf war. We would take them to Saudi Arabia and use all sorts of horrible methods to interrogate them. Yeah the guy went into detail. Back then they were then and probably still are using SF guys to do the prisoner manhandling in most cases-for little known legal reasons. Frequently we will do a interrogation exchange program with friendly countries where we will interrogate their prisoners and they interrogate ours-again to protect the interrogators and slip through several loopholes in the law that aren't generaly known.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I say good for the GITMO guys!!!

If WOT prisoners won't talk or give up information freely then yes, in order to protect US interests and to save American lives or Military personel abroad then yes stick, kick, zap, hit, dunk, hang, shoot, stab them till all till they talk.

Do you think for one moment any of our military would be treated by the Geniva convention when captured.

Remember the contract truck drivers beheaded in Iraq, did they get humane treatment.

WOT prisoners are given the chance to come clean and give it up by choice, most do, some don't.

It's simple give up the info or it will cost you, maybe a finger, or maybe an eye or maybe your life.

This is not a game, this is the fight for the Western way of life and it's either we fight and question these GITMO prisoners with force or we roll over and take it in the ass.

Have a great day, I will !

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
When has the US military admit that they did not engage in "coercive" measures? I remember them talking about the methods (such as putting people in small confined places, blasting music, sleep deprivation) for YEARS. Water boarding...military officials admit to this.

I am not proud of it. But don't make it seem like this is "new information" that the US has been hiding all along. People have been talking about how the CIA and military gets information in the 1990's for god's sake!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Yeah it's sad. The US has been hiding the fact that we torture for decades.

THis guy is saying that we are doing the things that we've already said we are doing.

sirr1
then yes stick, kick, zap, hit, dunk, hang, shoot, stab them till all till they talk.

Our own laws and sense or morality and decency prohibit us from shooting, stabbing, beating, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While I would argue that waterboarding and electroshock DEFINITELY is torture, the more important thing I want to ask is this: Why bother?

Torture doesnt work, it just will help you get false information. Of every one snippit of potential "useful" information, you'll get hundreds of false information from detainees just trying to stop the torture from occuring. If your asking someone whats the capital of Pennsylvania, and they dont know, and you are telling them you will stop the torture if he tells you, he may just make a guess, just to get it to stop. Is the capital of Pennsylvania Philadelphia? No, but if you didntk now it, and he didnt know it, how do you know what you just recieved is truthful.

If you ask me, moral implications of torture aside, torturing for information is something that ultimately prooves useless at everything but wasting time, money, and giving dead ends, and possibly placing soldiers, who are going into locations with bad intel, in harms way.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Not torture. The government has said that it makes people stand in uncomfortable positions and water boards them. Sorry not pleasant, but not torture. When there are people comming out of there with missing limbs, then we can call it torture.

Nygdan you have gone completely mad!! I know that you are going to dock me points for saying that, but I do not care. I have to say it. Have you even researched what water boarding is? It makes people believe that they are dying by drowning. If that is not torture, then what is? You do not have to sever somebody's limbs before it becomes torture. By your definition, none of our POW's in Vietnam or Korea were tortured. Yet the majority of us believe they were. I'll bet John McCain would tell you that he was tortured. It seems to me there is a double standard being applied when it comes to torture. If it happens to US citizens, then it is torture. If it happens to anyone else, it is not.

I have said this before and I will say it again. If you believe that somebody is an enemy combatant, then you should kill them on the battlefield. You have the right to do that. Torturing prisoners will win no wars. Taking prisoners is a waste of manpower and resources. Leave them dead on the battlefield and move forward.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

If you ask me, moral implications of torture aside, torturing for information is something that ultimately prooves useless at everything but wasting time, money, and giving dead ends, and possibly placing soldiers, who are going into locations with bad intel, in harms way.

Actually supposedly when the CIA water boarded the big Al Qaeda boys, they got some real information that saved lives. But I understand what you mean. And I also believe torture is Anti-American.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Actually supposedly when the CIA water boarded the big Al Qaeda boys, they got some real information that saved lives. But I understand what you mean. And I also believe torture is Anti-American.

Well yeah, you do get some real information, but with relating to my "capital of pennsylvania" analogy, if you torture 100 people, and 5 people of those 100 actually know the capital, what will those other 95 people say?

And if YOU dont know either, how do you know which intel is reliable or not? Its ultimately a shot in the dark that, while it may provide some information, it provides alot more false information, and is ultimately alot less effective then for example double agents would be.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I had asked this in another thread a while ago but no one was able to provide an answer.

Just what constitutes torture?

Uncomfortable positions?
Hot/Cold rooms?
Sound/sight deprivation?
Water boarding?

or

pulling out fingernails?
gential electrocution?
hanging by hooks?
amputations?

[edit on 16-11-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

sirr1
then yes stick, kick, zap, hit, dunk, hang, shoot, stab them till all till they talk.

Our own laws and sense or morality and decency prohibit us from shooting, stabbing, beating, etc.

Yes I know we can not torture any prisoner of war as you stated. That's why the really bad WOT/POW get shipped out to friendly countries to do our bidding, or hitting for us.

But if they think we are doing it to them, then it makes the bad guy think just a harder before commiting acts of war or crimes against against the US, so hmmmm.

I just want to thank the MSM for pressing the point about just how bad it is at GITMO and how terrible the US military is aginst WOT/POW's.

If you look at this whole POW / WOT issue I believe it a planted story in the MSM by CYOPS forces using disinformation to get their point across and it's working.

let me tell you if I was going to be captured as a POW I sure as hell would want to be in a US POW camp before any other country any place on this earth that's for sure. You are more likley to come out of our camps alive then any other place on earth, you might need to see a dentist or an orthopedist, but you would be a live.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
I had asked this in another thread a while ago but no one was able to provide an answer.

Just what constitutes torture?

Uncomfortable positions?
Hot/Cold rooms?
Sound/sight deprivation?
Water boarding?

or

pulling out fingernails?
gential electrocution?
hanging by hooks?
amputations?

[edit on 16-11-2006 by ferretman2]

All of them.

Torture is the use of physical or mental attacks upon a person to place physical and more importantly, psychological distress upon them to make them talk.

And in the end, the real damage to something is the permenant psychological torment thats placed upon them. Whether your waterboarding them or pulling out fingernails, that psychological torment stays with them till they die.

Pain is now, Mental anguish is forever

top topics

join