It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important - Carl Levin- read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Democrat Carl Levin is now the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

I have followed Carl Levin for a long time now and I believe he is a fairly open minded person.

FYI - THE LAST CONGRESSIONAL HEARING ON THE SUBJECT OF UFOs WAS BACK IN 1968.

Don't you think it's time they held another hearing on the subject of UFOs and had some government and military insiders testify under oath to what they know?

Well, this Armed Services Committee is the place to send requests to.

IF WE ALL AT ATS DEMANDED UFO HEARINGS, PERHAPS WE'LL GET THEM! IF WE DO NOTHING, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!

Take 30 seconds out of your busy life to call Carl Levin during the day tomorrow any time up until 6pm and leave a message telling him you think it's time for hearings on UFOs to happen. Say that it's time for UFO disclosure.

Here is the phone number to call: 1-202-224-6221

*PLEASE DO THIS (I KNOW I WILL TOMORROW)*

LETS DO IT!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added subject to title

[edit on 16/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I suppose government interest in UFOs died down after the 60's, which is why there haven't been any since then. Congressional hearings were held then because of widely publicised sightings, and I suppose in part because of Cold War paranoia as well. Problem is though that nowadays the only papers that print UFO stories are tabloids, and even then they only do it because they think it'll attract readers. Even a politician that's open-minded to the idea would be reluctant to suggest a congressional hearing, as it'd be certain political suicide for them (it'd be akin to holding a hearing on the Easter Bunny as far as they're concerned). Still it can't hurt to try, I live outside of the U.S. so I wouldn't be able to call anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ain't gonna happen... Levin sounds like he is one of the 'man' anyways.

The best move is to soldier forward the UFO community and working the media and trying to get out to the public and bypass the control system.

The public will be convinced and won over long before the control freaks will bend to reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's so painless I promise! I just called. Just call the number and say to the person who answers that you'd like to leave Mr. Levin a message. They'll say OK. Then say you'd like Mr. Levin to set up a hearing on the subject of UFOs. I said more than that, but that's all you have to say! Please do this! If you all called it would stand out!

1-202-224-6221

[edit on 16-11-2006 by classified material]

sbj

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightBlade40
Even a politician that's open-minded to the idea would be reluctant to suggest a congressional hearing, as it'd be certain political suicide for them...

Gotta say I agree on this one. For the most part politicians are Media Monkeys (saddly here in the US the "press" are monkies for the politicians so its and endless cycle). If the media woke up this morning and said, "hmm, well millions are dying needlessly for a country that no longer exsits, OH AND TOM AND KATIE ARE GETTING MARRIED! Now THAT'S news! But alas, I want to focus on UFOs, I think that's where the story is!" Only if all media did that would politicians ever seriously consider it

Although with all this Disclosure Project stuff, maybe before the end of the decade.

I will say this, it IS worth a call. I'm just pessimistic about it is all.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbj

Originally posted by NightBlade40
Even a politician that's open-minded to the idea would be reluctant to suggest a congressional hearing, as it'd be certain political suicide for them...

Gotta say I agree on this one. For the most part politicians are Media Monkeys (saddly here in the US the "press" are monkies for the politicians so its and endless cycle). If the media woke up this morning and said, "hmm, well millions are dying needlessly for a country that no longer exsits, OH AND TOM AND KATIE ARE GETTING MARRIED! Now THAT'S news! But alas, I want to focus on UFOs, I think that's where the story is!" Only if all media did that would politicians ever seriously consider it

Although with all this Disclosure Project stuff, maybe before the end of the decade.

I will say this, it IS worth a call. I'm just pessimistic about it is all.

Couldnt say it any better myself. We are so focoused on what everyone else is doing actors,stars just not our own government. Its sad really

new topics

top topics

join