It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Does anyone know a good treatment for burns? Because I burnt my hand pretty bad when making pasta, I spilt boiling water over it. It's not a pretty sight, it's gone all red and kind of puffy.

Anyone got any remedies to sooth the pain? I'm using ice at the moment, but it's not very good.

Cheers in advance!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I used to work in restaurants, so I know a thing or two about burns.

The first thing you need to do with a burn is to stop the burning. Likely you are past that point since you posted 45 minutes ago. The thing with burns is that they continue burning so you need to run cool water on it (not directly on it) or soak it to stop the burn.

If you are only getting redness from the burn than it looks like you have just a first degree burn.
Blistering is an indication of second degree burning.
Assuming you only have a second degree burn you can use aloe vera cream, take a Tylenol and keep your hand away from heat sources. That is about all you can do.
If you are looking at a second degree burn Id say don't put anything on it and go to the doctor.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here are a couple sites to look at.

www.healthscout.com...
familydoctor.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's stopped burning, but it's still red and sore, luckily there's no blistering, which, considering what you said, is a good thing.

I've got some burn cream on it, which seems to help.

Thanks for the help, feel free to close the thread, your help was top notch!

top topics

join