It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vase of Fertility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen the vase of fertility? its a famous vase from the Aztecs i think.. well anyway there is some very interesting writings on it considering what pyrmids are used for...
if anyone can find a picture, I cant

1:It has a picture of a pyrmid with planets and sun,
2:a boat on water ,
3:then a bunch of lines,
4:then water with no boat.

I think it was clay

it also had the laying statue guy with the bowl in his hands "like in the aztec pyrmid"

Please help

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
heres a site that has 176 pages of photographs of maya vases
research.famsi.org...
have fun looking

would help if you were a little more specific
saying the laying statue guy with the bowl in his hands "like in the aztec pyrmid" isn't all that helpful
especially as the aztecs didnt build pyramids

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
sorry, mayan..

who is this? because this is the guy
img.thisistravel.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That's a Chac Mool. It's an altar, and reportedly held sacrificial human hearts and other such items. Sacrifices placed there were believed to go directly to the Sun God. It's not associated with fertility... not directly, anyway.

www.ancient-empires.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm a tiny bit skeptical of the vase as an authentic artifact (hopefully you can find a photo of this or some other reference to this). Maya vases were usually two different types... a very crowded composition (with mostly human figures or animal figures) and a series of abstracts. I can't think of any piece of Maya art offhand that featured Chac Mools OR pyramids. Nor is there any reliable reference to a "vase of fertility."

Tell us more.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
well, like i said.. im not really sure of which culture it is from, but it did have a step pyramid in one of the few pictures at the bottem. and it had rays from the sun and two planets with pyramids off to the side of the sun.

it also has three legs with faces on them and it is mostly brown with white and black paint.

I owned it once and then i moved away and forgot it. the other day i had a dream about it, so i askedyou guys.

it seems to me like it was explaining that the pyramids like gateways to other worlds, and that the light from the sun was the energy that made the far travel possible. and the only way they could "bend light or other energy" around the entire boat was to place it in water. and i did research and reveled that water was present around many pyramids 'including at the tropical giza'. The gods all had something important in part of the transporttation process, because there was sacrificing at many pyrmids, and that seemed to be the coin to cross the river. "royalty at giza, and sacrifices on the step pyramids, and who knows about the chiniese pyrmids."

another thing is with the orion belt placement at pyramids across the world... this is right out of the bible.. the Tower of babel was for the men to reach the gods, and god split up the civilization and scattered them across the world.. WHAT happends?.. they all make the towers again. "is that why they are all in the same orion formation?"

sorry for writing so much.. I just had to ask the questions for myself in the hope that someone can concur.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
and the only reason i call it the vase of fertility is because the same vase was on one of the episodes of threes company, and they called it the vase of fertility. I said, "i own that vase, and it aint no vase of fertility" then my old tv show days were over....

top topics

join