It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are dowsing rods really finding corpses?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Tonight i have watched two programmes that featured dowsing rods. One about alien hunters, and another which i'll explain later. The latter one though, got me thinking a fair bit.

I don't know much about dowsing rods other than i remember as a kid seeing some people walking around with them supposedly looking for water. As i grew up and became interested in the paranormal, i saw dowsing rods discussed for many different reasons, but the main ones were water and leylines.

So back to tonights first programme, the alien hunters. It featured a guy in Arizona who says he's seen many ufo's and had encounters with alien beings. To cut a long story short, in one part of the programme some of his ufo hunting friends used dowzing rods to track leylines, then when they crossed they said this is where the leylines crossed and they believed this caused one or many vortexes. I think they said the aliens could be more easily seen or interacted with around these vortexes.

This i find interesting, but lacking in proof therefore am not quite convinced.

As i said before, i recall seeing many people dowsing (always seemed to be in a field for some reason
and often thier rods would cross and they'd either carry on walking or maybe get a little excited.

Now the second programme i watched tonight was about the Body Farm in Tennessee where they study the decomposing corpes for forensic purposes. A fascinating programme and subject in general, but one thing i saw tonight amazed me.

One of the body farm staff held a couple of dowsing rods and walked around the farm. Every time he walked over a corpse, the rods crossed. Then he walked over what appeared to be a bodyless patch of ground, the rods crossed and he stated there was a body buried underneath him. The english botanist that was with him tried it and again it worked.

His explanation was something about the salt in the residue that leaks from a corpse, it leaks into the ground and causes an increased surge in electromagnetism and this acted in the same way as a battery, thus causing the rods to react. Maybe someone here with more technical knowledge of batteries or experience with dowsing rods could expand on this?

So with this in mind, could dowsers really be finding the graves of people when thier rods cross? I'm now wondering about all those programmes i saw as a kid where people were wandering around public land with thier rods crossing now and again, were they walking over unknown graves or even missing people?

Thanks for any replys or info on this, i'm half tempted to go get a pair myself now!

CX.

[edit on 14/11/06 by CX]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I used to work with an irrigation company and we were to be able find where there were pvc pipes (it usually would only work for pipe that was eight inches or larger in diameter) already in the ground by using welding rods bent into an L shape.

We would put one in each hand, both rods pointing in front of you and walk perpendicular to where you thought the pipe was. When you walked over the pipe, the rods would swing and line up with the pipe you were looking for.

The problem with this sometimes was though if there was a log or something else buried in the ground, the rods would react to this also.

I believe the rods are reacting to the earths natural magnetic field when something underneath the rods blocks or distorts this magnetic field. I suppose it might work for finding bodies also.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
In my belief dowsing rods can be used to find almost anything.
For example, read the following two articles:
Geopathogenic Zones which talks about dowsing for Geopathogenic zones and what they are, and
Dowsing – biolocation which also talks about other possible uses of dowsing.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I remember a family friend presented my siblings and I with a set of dowsing rods several years ago. He claimed they could be used like a metal detector. Of course, we all rolled our eyes at him, so he threw several coins in a field of thick grass. Sure enough we were able to find the coins with the dowsing rods.

In short the things do work. Here's another piece about the history of dowsing.
Dowsing Rods

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I had an Uncle that could not only find water with the rods. He could usually
tell you within a foot or so how deep it was. something to do with the numder of
times the tips bounced or how they bounced. To my knowledge he accurate
more times that not like 90% or better.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am ordering my first set of dowsing rods now. I do ghost hunting and have been told that this is helpful with that. there are many different types of dowsing rods - copper, bronze, wood ... so it's all confusing. I have to find which kind work best with me.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
... there are many different types of dowsing rods - copper, bronze, wood ... so it's all confusing. I have to find which kind work best with me.

here's a thought, it may seem too hocus pocus to you....but if you are an
Earth Sign (in the realm of astrology) any type of dowsing rod would be like a
painter's brush in an artist's hand.

others born in air, water, fire signs...unless they're fortunate, will most likely have to really 'work' at developing their ability to 'read' dowsing rods or branches

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Found something on Dowsing Rods (see link), but I have not a clue how d-rods work and from some things I've read on the web it seems to be a mystery.

Yet there have been documentary shows witnessing people being paid to find water to be drilled for wells, using d-rods. Next someone in the well drilling business comes in, go's to the X marked on the ground, drills and hits pay dirt (pay water.).

Dallas

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You can make dowsing rods out of everyday plain old metal coat hangers. They work just as well as anything else. They just have to be metal and long enough to cross one another when your hands are held shoulder length apart.

I am pretty sure it is related to electromagetic forces - but a corpse would be mostly just part of the earth because the water would be gone from it and unless they had a lot of fillings in their teeth or money in their pockets.....

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
but if you are an Earth Sign (in the realm of astrology) ...

I have no idea about any of that stuff. I was born in early June. Does that mean anything????? How would when I was born effect dowsing rods? Do personal magnetics change according to when you are born?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have no idea about any of that stuff. I was born in early June. Does that mean anything????? How would when I was born effect dowsing rods? Do personal magnetics change according to when you are born

Well, I think there is definitely something to what St Udio said - although if someone's star-name is deciphered in a thorough fashion - with exact time and location and all aspects lined out...then there will certainly be all elementals found in various combinations with houses, signs, and planets...

Then there is also the Chinese (eastern) Zodiac which is just as integral as the western and has comparable depth - and there are the animals and the elements - so many combinations will be included.

That's what makes every soul totally unique with their own individual 'name!'

But as far as the dowsing ability is concerned - I truly do think it is electromagnetic in nature - and if so, that would involve water and fire (which make lightning which is essential electricity) and also earth and metal (for the magnetic force)....

we should all be able to do it.

And really, I do think anyone can. It isn't something that comes from the person holding the rods (other than it is necessary to hold them just firmly enough so that stay level but yet loose enough to allow them to sway.)

If you have someone lay on their back, stretched out...and you hold a pair of rods over the center line (vertical - the spine) of their body, and start at either end and slowly progress along their body to the other end, you will see the rods cross at several places on their body...

Chakras

try it and see what I mean.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
His explanation was something about the salt in the residue that leaks from a corpse, it leaks into the ground and causes an increased surge in electromagnetism and this acted in the same way as a battery, thus causing the rods to react. Maybe someone here with more technical knowledge of batteries or experience with dowsing rods could expand on this?

This didn't sink in when i read it the first time! Of course! I am sure that he was correct. I never thought of the salt...

So with this in mind, could dowsers really be finding the graves of people when thier rods cross? I'm now wondering about all those programmes i saw as a kid where people were wandering around public land with thier rods crossing now and again, were they walking over unknown graves or even missing people?

More than likely it is just water lines, underground aquifers and springs (most of the time)...that's the most common use, too - looking for water for various reasons.

top topics

join