It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are in PETA you could soon be considered a terrorist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
My friend I know about business, my family was in business, I have a business degree and I've been in business... I understand the concepts.

I must confess I don't quite know how to take your post. If I offended, I apologize I didn't mean to.

But business breaks the law too and they don't always play fair.

True, and they usually face justice.

Also the people at the top of the corporate world make too much money and that is a crime in my opinion.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

[edit on 11/16/2006 by darkbluesky]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 16-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Shots,
Since you volunteered yourself as vocal champion of all Animal Testing in all the world in all of history, I've been trying to drag you into reading it up for yourself, and you still fail to see the glaringly obvious, that NOT ALL ANIMAL TESTING IS MEDICAL.

Review our little banter and show me where I said ALL animal testing is unwarranted. Like the vast majority of people informed on the subject, I agree with the 'Three R's' approach of Reduction, Replacement & Refinement. To say every animal test in history is 'right' because 'science says so' is the height of ignorance.

Do you think Saddam Hussein testing Sarin gas on Golden Retrievers was ethically appropriate? Do you think cosmetics companies rubbing aftershave into the eyes of rabbits in the DRAIZE TEST is acceptable? If you answered NO to either then you agree with me that not ALL animal testing is warranted. There are many examples of indefensible animal tests, and wasting lives is repugnant to most decent humans. Consequently, this field should be subject to a high level of oversight. Common sense, hard to argue against.

Organisations like Amnesty, Greenpeace, and Peta play a valid role in reminding us about ethics and drawing attention to various human injustices towards ourselves, our environment and other species. In a fascist New World Order they won't exist, so perhaps you should be cheer-leading for that. Personally, I find George Bush is much more of a terrorist than Peta.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Organisations like Amnesty, Greenpeace, and Peta play a valid role in reminding us about ethics and drawing attention to various human injustices towards ourselves, our environment and other species. In a fascist New World Order they won't exist, so perhaps you should be cheer-leading for that. Personally, I find George Bush is much more of a terrorist than Peta.

Well said! Problem is most people don't like to be reminded of how unethical their lives realy are. It's easier to be ignorant, and put your responsibilty in the hands of others.

If these folks realy new what goes on in animal testing labs, and the fact that most testing is unneccesary, and most animal testing does not corelate to humans and often fails when tested on humans, they would be forced to question the validity of it.

Most testing done is for the cosmetics, chemical industry, not for medications.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
The military tribunals act has passed and is law, this thread is not about that act, but it is pertinent. Under that act, the PRESIDENT and the Sec Def have the ability to name ANYONE an enemy combatant. And if you are a terrorist you are DEF an enemy combatant.

Well here is the first way they are going to get some of us liberal hippy protestors.

War on Terror Comes home

BTW the senate bill passed already and just yesterday the house bill passed we are just waiting on someone to request a suspension of the rules to actually pass the bill in the house. then its on to the pres's desk which you know hes gonna sign it.

House bill
Senate bill

11/4/2005--Introduced.
Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act - Rewrites federal criminal code provisions regarding animal enterprise terrorism to prohibit anyone from traveling in, or using the mail or any facility of, interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of damaging or disrupting an animal enterprise and, in connection with such purpose: (1) intentionally damaging, disrupting, or causing the loss of property used by or owned in connection with such enterprise; (2) intentionally placing a person in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury to that person or a family member through threats, vandalism, property damage, trespass, harassment, or intimidation; or (3) conspiring or attempting to do so. Prescribes escalating penalties.
Authorizes restitution for: (1) the reasonable cost of repeating any experimentation that was interrupted or invalidated as a result of such offense; (2) the loss of food production or farm income reasonably attributable to such offense; and (3) any other economic damage, including any losses or costs caused by economic disruption, resulting from such offense.

Mk.... so... do you see it? If your a "terrorist" you can be deemed an enemy combatant... if you are an enemy combatant you have NO RIGHTs, NO FREEDOMS, NOTHING. This is just another way for them to claim one of us activists is a terrorist, thus silencing our msg.

I am not actually a member of PETA, and I actually think that they go a lil too far sometimes, I am however a FIRM believer in atleast a sembelance of humane treatment for the animals that we eat, kill, and test on a daily basis.

This law is just another example of how before too long its going to be entirely TOO easy to detain indefintally someone who disagrees with the GOV or thier corporate masters.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

Here is a quote from the actual text of the House Bill ... I got it from the link you provided:

To provide the Department of Justice the necessary authority to apprehend, prosecute, and convict individuals committing animal enterprise terror.

House bill

This act is giving the US DOJ the authority to prosecute the new crime on Animal Enterprise Terrorist. This makes it a federal offense and allows either the FBI to investigate the serious cases that may involve multiple area offenses or allows states that have weaker laws to pass the case on for federal charges.

It does not allow a military tribunal or subjects to be departed to Cuba ... at least anywhere I could see.

Yes they used the word terrorist. People who blow up animal labs or let hundreds of these animals loose in the wild to die are "domestic terrorists" ... we've called them that for a long time. Since before 9/11 and before Osama.

I see no problem with adding a federal offense to allow some of the more organized groups committing crimes (we're not talking protestors here) to be investigated, arressted and committed.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi

Yes PETA and such organizations serve a role. They have made the medical research industry be responsible to ethical treatment of animals. There have been problems in the past and there are to a lesser degree problems ongoing today.

The problem I have with PETA is their stance that any testing is cruel and therefore should be discontinued. I'm sorry but if testing animals for their reaction to medicine kills 1,000 mice but saves 1 or 2 human lives than it was worth it. Definitely we should be taking steps to minimize, when possible the pain and suffering of animals in medical testing. But we shouldn't abolish it outright.

And sorry, I'm not evil just because I like to eat a cow, fish or chicken for dinner.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Of course you wouldn't you have been brainwashed by individials like Ingird that make foolish statements like this

[edit on 11/16/2006 by shots]

I don't know who ingrid is and i can assure you 100% that all my dessisions are infact due to the fact that i am NOT brain washed and that i can see with my soul not with my meat sack of a body.

And you said that the facts about milk are not true? and you dare tell me to look things up? wow.....

The brain washed ones are the ones who follows the way the system wants you to follow and between you and me, you're the one who does.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Shar_Chi and ANOK,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join