It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Naval Task Force Stalked Within Striking Range!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The USS Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier
(AFP/Getty Images)

A Chinese submarine stalked a U.S. aircraft carrier battle group in the Pacific last month and surfaced within firing range of its torpedoes and missiles before being detected, The Washington Times has learned.

The surprise encounter highlights China's continuing efforts to prepare for a future conflict with the U.S., despite Pentagon efforts to try to boost relations with Beijing's communist-ruled military.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The submarine encounter with the USS Kitty Hawk and its accompanying warships also is an embarrassment to the commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific, Adm. William J. Fallon

Embarrassment huh? What are we dealing with here? Polynesian catamarans or the most powerful navy on planet Earth? These guys can't even detect a sub, and this one which was well within striking range! I can't believe this. Can you?

What's with all the sophisticated gadgetry on board the ships of the task force?

Reminds me of a joke I heard sometime ago:

Question: "How do you sink an Italian submarine?"
Answer :"Simple! Just put it in the water"!!

So how do you destroy a Carrier Task Force?
Simple. Give it US naval commanders and American equipment!!

Seriously, this ain't no laughing matter. In a conflict scenario, Kitty Hawk would have hit the bottom of the Pacific ocean before you could bat an eyelid. So much for the much vaunted US Navy!

Washington Times

join