It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why cant christians accept the origins of christianity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why aren't the real teachings of Jesus in the Bible, Sun Matrix

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
False esteem dependent upon (usually - I am generalizing just to make a point, not pick on churches or churchgoers) 'agreeing' with this or that doctrine - being sure one's slip is never peeking underneath their dress....their fly is never caught in attempted voyeurism....

The initial effect is one of security - however there is nothing more secure for any soul than knowing there are no requirements to be met or theories to bring in line.....

Christ said 'the truth will set you free,' and in doing so pretty much made it clear that religion is NOT the truth ---- how many people do you know that have been literally FREED from their anxieties, etc....by adhering to any certain religion (aside from in a totally solitary fashion?)

Religion is a controlling factor, not a liberating one.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
why cant christians accept the origins of christianity

I accept the true origins of Christianity...100%, without a doubt. It started with the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our savior. Heck I'm sure all Christians accept this undeniable truth.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
So, anything that goes against your ideas were put there by Satan to deceive me huh?

You've got a lot to learn son.

Edit to add:
Zoroastrianism has a beginning date of around 2000 BCE. The Vedas have an oral tradition of an estimated 4000 BCE possibly earlier.

So I'll ask, if Satan put this info here to deceive us (the same way he did dinosaur bones) what could his purpose possibly be?

Or are you just embarrassed that you made a factual error and now refuse to own up to it?

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Rasobasi420]

The Vedas are much earlier than that...just fyi...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Stormrider, it's actually Hinduism that is unique from the three Abrahamic religions. While they all believe in one savior or prophet (Jesus for Christians, Mohammed for Muslims and the Jews are still waiting for theirs) Hinduism recognizes that God has and continues to manifest through many. That is why Hinduism is the only organized religion that can coexist with the others.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

How many times do I have to tell you, Hinduism did not come from zoroastrianism. And just because you picked the Jesus myth is more commonly believed does not mean it's true.

Sorry, Hinduism came from Zoroastrianism. Where did the Hindu trident come from?

Hinduism is much older than Zoroastrianism.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, first of all...Zorostrianism is what initially introduced the concept of dualism,good vs. evil.... Zoraotrianism is older than Christianity..

Prophet Zarathustra also known as Zoroaster founded this religion in Persia during 6th century B.C. and was born in Mazar-i-Sharif (now in Afghanistan). Though, there was a time when Zoroastrianism was spread from the Mediterranean to India, but now it is found only around Shiraz in Iran, Karachi in Pakistan, and Mumbai in India. The followers of this religion are known as Parsis as they hail from Persia, from where they fled to escape persecution. It is the first religion to claim and spread the belief that god is omnipresent and is invisible. 'Zend-Avesta', their holy scripture, also describes the conflict between good & evil forces. Ahura Mazda, their God is symbolized by fire. The essence of the religion is the philosophy that the good will win over evil by following the principles of Humata (good thoughts), Harkta (good words) and Huvarshta (good deeds).

History of Zorostrianism

[edit on 11-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jade Bridge

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

How many times do I have to tell you, Hinduism did not come from zoroastrianism. And just because you picked the Jesus myth is more commonly believed does not mean it's true.

Sorry, Hinduism came from Zoroastrianism. Where did the Hindu trident come from?

Hinduism is much older than Zoroastrianism.

Sorry the truth is that Hinduism comes from Zoroastrianism. Your dates are all screwed up.

You are walking on the bread crumb trail they have left for you to find. Get off the path and do some research.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You know Sun, it seems to me that you have yet to provide any evidence for this. Others have provided a bunch of examples, and you dismiss them as "the work of the devil" or something. And yet, we're supposed to rely solely on your word that you are right.

Luckily no one has accepted that you are right.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here's some reading that might clear up some of the confusion for you.

www.tektonics.org...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join