It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ropen, umboi island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i was just curious to see if anyone had actually attempted to go to umboi island to catch a glimpse of the Ropen. i heard it was an extremly dangerous place to go because of man traps e.t.c. this is proably one of my favourite cryptids to study because this thing lived once back in the dinsosaur times and the thought that it may still be living somewhere just makes me want to study it even more but i cannot find much info on it because not many people attempted to study it up close in its own territory . so if anyone has been to the island themsleves or has anything to share on the Ropen please post it .
thankyou

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For those of us (me) too lazy to search, would you by chance have a link describing what it is exactly? Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
somewhat like a pterodactyl

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Never heard of this before, interesting!

Heres some links for those interested:

www.genesispark.org...

www.laattorneyvideo.com...

About Umboi island in particular:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
sorry i forgot to post links in the first post.
heres a link to the site where i first found out about the ropen
www.cryptozoology.com...

Thanks for posting the above links.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Interesting. Very interesting.

The chances of a flock of pterosaurs having survived into the current era are probably slim to nonexistent, yet I see nothing about the idea that's ipso facto impossible. And if such a thing could happen, New Guinea is definitely the place for it. It's a huge island, almost completely covered in thick forest and uninhabited for the most part but for the local indigenes, jungle tribes whose culture is not much better than Neolithic and whose numbers are thought to be very small. Nobody really knows much about them, or about New Guinea in general, because the place is largely unexplored to this day. There could be -- in fact, there probably are -- any number of weird undiscovered animals knocking about the place.

The forests of New Guinea and the Far East have thrown up quite a few new species lately, including some pretty large ones, such as the dingiso (New Guinea, 1995), a tree-dwelling kangaroo, and the giant muntjac (Laos, 1994). Maybe a flock of glowing pterosaurs isn't entirely beyond the bounds of possibility.

I'll need a bit more evidence before I start believing in one, though.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Interesting Cryptid,
I looked some stuff up, I just skimmed it, but it might be useful. Oh yah, I'm havin the same problem with a creature called "The Wendigo" You've heard anything post it on my thread (wendigo)

www.genesispark.org...

top topics

join