It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

89 mpg Car The Feds made illegal to drive!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If the government makes it illegal to drive cars that arent gasoline based imagine what they are hiding when it comes to free energy! Imagine driving a car that gets 89 MILES per GALLON. An Average 13 gallon tank of this fuel would get you 1,157 miles!! I could drive a month on that, EASY! Why wouldnt a privately funded public campaign be set up to inform the gereral public that the government is supressing advances that would save us ( THE PEOPLE) Billions annually at the pump! Something needs to be done, NOW!

Believe it or not, this car runs on Kool-Aid. Over twenty years ago, during the energy crisis in the late 1970's, local inventor Roy Calloway devised a carburetor that overcame evaporation problems with sugar-based fuels in gasoline engines. Needing a soluble mixture for the sugar, his experimentation led him to the popular children's drink, Kool-Aid, which he discovered to have just the right properties. Eventually, Calloway perfected the fuel mix (80% Kool-Aid and 20% methanol or ethanol) which, together with his special carburetor, provided an alternative to gasoline in gasoline-based engines. Calloway's attempt to secure a patent, however, was blocked by the major oil companies, who enlisted the help of the powerful Washington Crude Oil Lobby in eventually getting laws passed that have kept Calloway's invention from seeing the light of day...almost that is. Calloway, in defiance of a little-known federal law that forbids the operation of any motor vehicle that burns a sugar-based fuel, can frequently be seen cruising around Lynchburg in his lime-green "Kool-Aid Kar." Risking arrest each time he hits the road, Calloway has decked his car out with signs and decals that bring attention to the unfair treatment he has received at the hands of the big oil companies and the Federal Government. In fact, from various convictions through the years, Calloway has spent a total of seven years in jail; but he refuses to be silenced. According to Calloway, grape-flavored Kool-Aid provides the best mixture and results in the best mileage - 89 miles to the gallon.

Scroll to middle of page for the story on this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 13/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That site is an advertisement for Lynchburg,Va. Even boasts that it's the home of
Mags, The Headless Cat. Read the disclaimer, it includes it's own clue..calls some
of the "attractions" absurd.

Lex

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I might be out of place here but if you burn sugar in a piston engine there would be a tendancy for the bore to glaze, engine to overheat and pistons eventually melt. Im not buying the sugar based fuel idea and the fact its Kool-Aid was mildly amusing.

Compressed air powered cars are the go, no emmissions and quiet as a mouse!!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Heh. I'm a mechanic, but didn't really want to get into explaining all the "benefits"
of running anything sugar-based through a gas engine. Easier to point out the
nature of the site credited as a source.

Lex

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hmmm.. fascinating place. Koolaid powered cars, exploding popcorn factories, headless cats... but I think my favorite attraction is the "NASA/USGS Rotational Tuning Facility #9"

Lynchburg is home to an unusual scientific facility, a "rotational tuning" station, part of a global network of twenty-four such stations operated jointly by NASA and the U.S. Geological Survey. Each station houses three powerful F-5 rocket engines which are fired in tandem with those at all stations around the globe when it becomes necessary to make minuscule corrections in the Earth's rotational speed (angular velocity). The global array was built in the early 1970's and has been used for two corrections, the most recent firing occurring on August 16, 1988 in which a synchronized burn lasted 8 minutes and 14 seconds. Another correction was scheduled for May 2003, but was cancelled after it was deemed unnecessary. Rotational Tuning Facility #9 is just south of River Ridge Mall in Lynchburg, however, the facility is within a government restricted area and visitors are not allowed.

Can't wait to see that.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well kick me in the teeth. I didn't know there was an array of rotational tuning facilities.

I think you just totally dwarfed the original topic with that nugget of information.

[edit on 11-13-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Compressed air powered cars are the go, no emmissions and quiet as a mouse!!

So where are you going to get the compressed air from?

Probably something that creates emissions...

Anyway back to the topic...

Yea, sugar and internal combustion engines don't really like eachother.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Simply do a google search on sugar fuel and you will find many mainstream sources pushing fuel made from sugar cane. I appreciate eveyone who commented on what a sugar based fuel would do to ruin an engine, but look it up for yourself. Have an open mind, Dont believe everything you are told. 90% lies 10% truth.Sugar cane based fuel

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, there is a huge difference between a car running on a sugar solution such as Kool-Aid and a car running on alcohol that is made from sugar.

Alcohol burns, kool-aid - even grape kool-aid - does not.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by sacrifice]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As a fuel systems Test Engineer for 20 + years I will say without a doubt any automaker would love to get 89 MPG. it's not the engineering thats the problem it's lawyers and people who want something for nothing. If someone tells you hydrogen is the way to go just laugh and walk away because they love big oil. The real problem is people expect to buy a car in southern US and move to Alaska without giving their vehicle a thought. I could go on but I've been typing all day and have had enough.

mikell

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
If the government makes it illegal to drive cars that arent gasoline based imagine what they are hiding when it comes to free energy! Imagine driving a car that gets 89 MILES per GALLON.

You must not have been following the hybrid car news lately. The winner of this competition for modified and unmodified cars got 76 mpg and a Honda got 82.9 mpg:
www.greenbiz.com...

Wayne Gerdes got 150 mpg in another competition with a modified hybrid. Insights were getting up to 117 MPG, and Prius cars over 90 mpg:
hybridcars.about.com...

The Insight (straight off the showroom floor) gets around 67 mpg under best driving conditions:
www.greenhybrid.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The site is a nice goof on roadside attractions.

Does sugar produce a clean burn? And would the exhaust smell like the flavor du jour?

BTW

My next vacation is planned.
Lynchburg is an amazing place.

I want to visit the low gravity cave.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If this technology was so readily available you would see countries such as China already making cars like since their economy isn't based on OIL. The US government isn't has all powerful as some may think.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
But china has a thriving global motorcycle and automotive indusrty that has a worldwide market, if they produced vehicles that ran on alternative fuels, the market would be so slim they wouldnt make any capitol. So they HAVE to continue to produce oil/gasoline based transportation to support their econonmy.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok get this... My Grandfather bought a new Chevy 1 ton van Like in the 60's or 70's that I am not clear on but will find out a more exact date. Anyways It came with the basic Carburated 350 motor. See he thought that the Gas gauge was broke. The Gass would never go down. He would go weeks without filling up (now Weeks is a long time for a Plumber). What was accually taking place, so his automotive buddy said, was that he was getting upwards of 60 to 70 MPG. THROUGH A CARBURATED 350 WITH NO LOSS IN POWER. About 6 months into owning the van he recived a letter from chevrolet stating that they accidently put the wrong Carburator on the motor and that if he could bring it into the dealership to replace it, that would be great. Now of cource he did not. A couple of years later he met some guy who accually live like 30 mile from him that had developed the same Carburator on his own. This guy started to use them and give them to his buddies. He then began to sell them. He trajically died in a fire in his shop with all of his drawings and stuff. My grandfather said that "they" said that the cause of death was the fire but "they" could not figure out how this guy ended up with a bullet in his dome.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the credibility of the source of your article makes the credibility of ATS look like the credibility of albert einstein. that is, whoever wrote that site is either seriously mentally derranged, or just having a good time.

nevertheless, i wouldnt be surprised if there was some truth in that article.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Brand403, hate to say it, but that's an Urban Myth. Been going around for years.
Never happened. Sorry, man. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Try looking at Snopes.com.

Edited to add the Snopes addy.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Lexion]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No, Now I don't belive that to be true. The fact is that he did have the Carb. He kept it too. His friend was shot, dead over it. He also had two other friends that helped develop the Hydrogen genorator in their Barn. Their place got burnt to the ground, twice. Now you can say what you will because I do not hold the Carb in my hands but, I have never known my Grandfather to lie about death.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will though find out all that I can on that one. Ask the family and such. My grandfather Passed a couple of years ago so I cannot ask him. It may take a couple of days but I will get back to you. Any info from you would be great though

top topics

join