It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel's Prophecy of 70 weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm treading in semi unknown turf on this one, havent having read the actual prophecy word for word in the original bible book from start to finish, but ive read most of it in varying places and forms during research and reading.

Supposedly, the modern descendants of Esau, the Edomites, will run amok during the end times quite lawlessly and savagely. In a place called Bozrah (Basra Iraq maybe?) there will be alot of believers, seed of Abraham, being held captive by these Edomites and their false idea of religion or other bonds of SUBMISSION as I interpret it myself. The original Bozrah was in South Jordan, but the Bozrah of end times isnt necessarily in the same place.

The prophecy states Meshiach will liberate the believers from the Edomites at the end time by passing harsh judgement around the same time he will destroy the enemies of Israel @ Armageddon in harsh judgement. This is called the Bozrah Deliverance prophecy.

If God is the word, which he said "I am the word", and if the curse of Babel is no longer, we could interpret ancient Bozrah as modern Basra.

Onto my second idea. In that same 70 week prophecy of Daniel, a peace agreement will be made, then broken by the descendants of the Edomites and the modern Israelites. This will be a pre-cursor to Armageddon and the Bozrah deliverance. It is looking more and more to me that Mohammad couldve been the false prophet, and Islam could be the restriction upon the children of Abraham, from which the "antichrist" could come from and from which the beast could come from.
edition.cnn.com...
So many think that it is the Catholic Church or that it is America, or that it is the U.N., or even modern Israel that is the beast and from which the antichrist will spring forth. Until the terrorism thing and 9/11 got big and Takfiri Jihadism has taken off, no one even considered Islam in any of this. Yet all this time it has been right next door, right where the Edomites could very well be to this day. I do not present this as fact just a possibility and sorry if youre a muslim and find this insulting, that is not my intent.

Could it be, oh could it be, that Mahdi Meshiach and Yeshua, yes all 3, could be 1, the one, the alpha & the omega?

[edit on 11/13/2006 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Could it be, oh could it be, that Mahdi Meshiach and Yeshua, yes all 3, could be 1, the one, the alpha & the omega?

Something real close to that it would seem....real close but not what you might expect.

Much fun ahead of us!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Actually,runetang,I am going to venture to say you are not far off from being correct. The elements are certainly there. I think deep down,most of us see this whole "war on terrorism" ending with a nuclear blast. Perhaps this will occur at the end of the whole "Armageddon" battle. Yes,I said battle, because that is what the final "Armageddon" will be, a battle.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I think deep down,most of us see this whole "war on terrorism" ending with a nuclear blast. Perhaps this will occur at the end of the whole "Armageddon" battle. Yes,I said battle, because that is what the final "Armageddon" will be, a battle.

I tend to believe that it will appear to be the final conclusion to our epoch but at the very last moment God will make hisself known to the world. I don't see any difference in having the means and intentions of destroying all civilization and actually doing it. Sort of like a married guy lusting after a woman in is heart is still cheating in spirit without actually comitting the act, so too just because we haven't mutually destroyed one another isn't because the nations do not desire to if they could obtain a clear advantage.

Anyway, I agree with poster. The spirit of God has and does dwell in many individuals. Appearances of the person make no difference.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
queenannie38 sounds like you know all the answers, tell me what is to happen then, the truth, the truth, please.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It seems to me that just about every religion has been awaiting a certain special someone - savior, messiah, whatever...and I have noticed how all the various prophetic 'clocks' (not necessarily timetables in every case, but also each group's prophets and holy men, too) seem to be winding down closer and closer to one another - kind of like a spring but not in the sense there is a dangerous tension - but expectant tension in each group, for sure.

Most people don't detect this - those interested in these kinds of things have their own alliances that they usually consider the 'right' one and so all the others are 'false' and therefore are ignored (or, the more ambitious make efforts to distort and represent the religions and beliefs of those they consider 'in error').

So it can seem pretty confusing or it can seem like nothing at all. I personally never liked the confinement of the fishbowl and so I take the 360 view from the OUTSIDE.

And convergence is upon us - nearly knocking at our doors...and yet, me personally, I believe there is but ONE GOD who made us all. I have no religion except UNITY and while I have a faith and trust in Christ, it is not of the christian sort - I can't explain how that is....but anyway it doesn't preclude me from seeing the validity in all of man's ideas of God!

I think that while mankind expects there to be a war of some sort (because most feel that surely there is some sort of inherent duality on God's level that must be resolved according to man's means - war and violence and all that) God has something else far more pleasant and surprising in mind.

When all things are revealed there will be no need for fighting to gain some sort of control or win souls or whatever - there is only ONE side - God's side. Many forms, many colors, many books, and many prayers. And when we see the truth as He takes the veil of confusion and carnal separatism away from our eyes we will see that we are all waiting on the same God and the same resolution toward a peaceful and prosperous new world for all of us regardless of our culture, creed, or nationality.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well let me retract the idea that the Mahdi and Yeshua/Isa/Jesus are the same being. That cannot be, according to the Qu'ran, which states that they battle evil together, but surprisingly Isa (Jesus) is clearly the 'number 1' of the two fellows.

The Qu'ran states he will deny saying that he was God incarnate and to be worshipped as such, effectively destroying Christianity as a religion. Then he will usher in world wide Islam, according to the Qu'ran.

Now I do firmly believe that Yeshua/Jesus/Isa and the Jewish Meshiach are the same being. It will only be revealed when he returns, however, and at that point it will not matter because his name will not be Jesus, Yeshua, Isa, Immanuel, or anything else, he will have a NEW name. I do not feel that Muslims and Jews are damned to hell for not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior because of the Lord part. The Lord is God, and to say Jesus IS God is, well, crazy in my opinion and insulting towards Jesus, because he did not come to be Idolized. Jews & Muslims both recognize him as a holy prophet, of great importance, he is most important figure in the end times scenario of the Qu'ran. And I definantly think he and the Jewish Messiah are one in the same.

But I'll go on to say that I do think terrorism, specificly muslim extremism, is the tyranny of evil men that follows the 'false prophet' as described in Revelation.

The book of Daniel even prophecizes the splitting of God's people into 3 parts (The kingdom will be split in 3) and Abraham's seed would war each other in the holy land(Nebuchadnezzars dream of iron and clay feet of a statue being smashed). Only God could know that his followers would branch into 3 main idealisms of Monotheism(The Gold, Bronze, and Iron of the Statue?).

[edit on 11/16/2006 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I'm treading in semi unknown turf on this one, havent having read the actual prophecy word for word in the original bible book from start to finish, but ive read most of it in varying places and forms during research and reading.

I as well come only bearing the truth... I speak not on my behalf, of my memories of self, but from my higher self... which has understanding.

Those people are indeed the Muslims, they are running with swords to fall and impale only themselves in the end when they grow tired... For the living God is Far More powerful than words in a book.
I come bearing also the word., and the word is the truth.

I have come and cast fair blame where fair blame need be laid, I have seen the fire pass from myself onto thousands amazed so much that even my little contribution on the internet, has helped, as many others who have been lit on their own accord. Everyone themselves lights themselves.. no man can light another, only just walk him to the door, God must walk thru it him/her self.

My Thread On Foreign Neuro-Peptides/Doctors... Etc..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and undoubtably I have stated such

The Qu'ran states he will deny saying that he was God incarnate and to be worshipped as such, effectively destroying Christianity as a religion. Then he will usher in world wide Islam, according to the Qu'ran.

I bring you the truth before any messiah.. do you choose to listen? Do you choose to heal eachother? Who has to come to make people wake up? ... YOU!
Sure this will all start by one or two people who 'get' it.. but they haven't kept it to themselves.
But sometimes the darkness is hard to penetrate.

[edit on 11/16/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
well, my understanding of Daniel & the 70 weeks

is that the prophecy is to remain sealed = (unrevealed, undeciphered...)
until the period of the "end times", which should be the final or 70th week itself!

but, i might add, in Daniel's 70th week...it is divided into 2 parts
so maybe the revelation and understanding of the 70 weeks timeline
isn't meant to be revealed or understood by even the 'elect' until the
2nd half of the final (70th) week of Daniel's prophecy

and it is doubtful that we are in the final, tribulation, 'week' at this moment
....so i question any of these responses in this thread are true & accurate...

not only were the 'words' of the 70week prophetic timeline to be kept 'sealed' which also means Secret/unrevealed....but there were also the words which the "7 thunders spoke"
that are to be kept secret also....and those messages happened in the midst of the great tribulation.

to my thinking; it is not yet the time for Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy to be known,
we are only permitted/allowed to speculate on the meanings & symbolisms

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I haven't heard of this before so I will look it up and give it some thought
TA XX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
well, my understanding of Daniel & the 70 weeks

is that the prophecy is to remain sealed = (unrevealed, undeciphered...)
until the period of the "end times", which should be the final or 70th week itself!

but, i might add, in Daniel's 70th week...it is divided into 2 parts
so maybe the revelation and understanding of the 70 weeks timeline
isn't meant to be revealed or understood by even the 'elect' until the
2nd half of the final (70th) week of Daniel's prophecy

and it is doubtful that we are in the final, tribulation, 'week' at this moment
....so i question any of these responses in this thread are true & accurate...

not only were the 'words' of the 70week prophetic timeline to be kept 'sealed' which also means Secret/unrevealed....but there were also the words which the "7 thunders spoke"
that are to be kept secret also....and those messages happened in the midst of the great tribulation.

to my thinking; it is not yet the time for Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy to be known,
we are only permitted/allowed to speculate on the meanings & symbolisms

And those who speculate? .. is there a possibility that they may be correct? ..
Are you familiar with the nature of God to begin with? Do you understand his message of Love? ..
or is your faith speculative? or mere symbolism?
I am in no way attacking you... I just want you to think... maybe there is more deception around us giving us doubt than we think.. and maybe its been so cleverly ingrained in us, we don't recognize it... perhaps there are a few who have been tribulated... it never said they were gonna go to a 'distant' place. Just that they would be in heaven.. awaiting the judgement day... but do we understand any of that symbolism? .. perhaps not so much..

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think many people need to put prophecy into perspective. I personally don't think the "end times" are going to be quite what people are expecting.

In order to understand any prophecy, I don't care if it's from biblical times or the 18th century, one has to understand the mindset of those prophecizing. You can't translate what someone, who lived 2500 years ago, thought was terrible with what we would consider as being terrible today. I'm sorry, but you just can't do it.

Yet, most people, not I, when they think of the "end times" they think of the deaths of billions of people and yada,yada... I don't necessarily view it in that manner. Although,when all is said and done, I suspect there will only be about 1.5 to 2 billion people left on the earth. I'd say that is pretty drastic but just not quite as dramatic as many are expecting.

One has to understand that in the ancient world, getting a vision of the WTC tragedy would have been pretty freakish. I mean, seeing the oblong objects flying into a building that stood taller than most minds,back then, could imagine and the buildings just collapsing...
I mean, to a person's mindframe today it is devastating..Multiply that by about 200 and you get the impact it would have on an ancient's mind.

I read some of the interpretations of ancient prophecies now,and to be honest,I sort of have to snicker. Will there be diseases that will kill 100s of thousands? Certainly. There already are. Cancer,Aids,et cetera.

Will there be a coming nuclear holocaust... Most likely.. However, I tend to think it will be so localized that it will only effect certain regions of the world. Will there be a coming one world dictator? If the world continue in the direction it is... Certainly..I see the world's governments setting the stage for it as I type this.

However, these views that many have of the whole world being layed desolate and the entire population of the earth being utterly wiped out doesn't sound realistic to me. Yeah,certainly it could happen,but does any prophecy specifically indicate that it will? Before you type it,yes,I know the scripture that says a third of the world's population will die and the trees will be turned to ash. So please don't quote that verse. Find something else.

I certainly do not claim to have the answers, but I can see that there is a lot of fearful speculation in the world that just doesn't add up.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A nuclear bomb is when an atom splits ... right? I have no idea..

but could this nuclear explosion occur within us... rapidly changing our total being? ..
could it be the result of mass amounts of people creating a splitting in their being into two parts, human/tangible and thought/entangible as seperate 'beings' ... that have different functions and can work in unision with eachother instead of against eachother.
Could this happening within a person wholly most likely innate cause a nuclear ... I don't want to say explosion .. but mutation? ... we are really dwelving into the science of thought using quantum physics, they say its possible to cause a big bang with thought, that the thoughts of GOD created the big bang... not that its factual, but that its possible, with their current reseach and findings.. Therefore is it possible to create a cell/dna/rna structure to change via thought? This is just 'theory' .. but I think its already happened in the past and can explain a lot.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pure energy, those were some thoughtful questions. Considering that everything seems to be speeding up, it's not a leap to suggest that maybe the very fabric of who we are is changing. Although,I don't see enough people spiritually progressing to bring about the change you are suggesting. I suppose that it could happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SpeakerOfTruth..what do you believe about e.t's and that knid of stuff..do you think it has anything to do with jesus?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Pure energy, those were some thoughtful questions. Considering that everything seems to be speeding up, it's not a leap to suggest that maybe the very fabric of who we are is changing. Although,I don't see enough people spiritually progressing to bring about the change you are suggesting. I suppose that it could happen.

Suppose we are already there.... suppose we just haven't realized it yet... we are ignorant of it.. like darkness... what happens when the light seperates from the dark/shade? it would be like a splitting of an atom, it would be like a great 'explosion'/mutation a drastic change in neural-chemistry. The more people the more advanced the mutations get... Interesting how I've read in a scripture somewhere, the apostles saying that they couldn't be saved except by US, the people in the 'future' who would not have known or seen Christ(Acceptance and Understanding of All Things) but still had faith in it...(Christ)..
and they pleaded in writing so we could see it to pray for people to come and bring the word of the living god unto the people for everyones salvation (although they were mostly concerned with theirs) but they were apparently given names of those to come in the future, and they were told to make sure that they were taken care of, or something.. (its amazing how coincidental all the missing places in scripture happen to be the most 'revealing' it leaves off all the time where it is something very clarifying..... but its no matter, its all around us.

Think how it would be to have someone tell you that you are perfect IN THOUGHT and ACTION and they hold nothing in your past against you, even though they know all the horrors of human nature?
Some people would cry, or be tremendously over-joyed... especially if they were given an amazing amount of informatiom about themselves and why they should think of all things in ones past, accept it all, let it go, and accept it back with understanding. (OR IN OTHER WORDS PRAY) ... it is communion with God, like a picture show of past events, and your current understanding of it, and accepting all your failures and all your triumphs.. and letting it go, .. so it no longer has an effect on you other than mere memory of it. it no longer envokes any emotions other than joy and love

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi There,

This issue about prophetic convergence, end-of-days, and such is actually realised by many many people, but in discussions, say, with colleagues at work, whom are not the sort of people to surf sites like this, do recognise the global ambience of anticipatory doom. Personally, I do not think this is due to actual prophecies coming true, whether from 'Revelations' or Nostradamus, but is in fact due to manipulation and manufacture.

Convergence isn't happening in spite of us, but because of us, because there are those whom are determined to manufacture events as close to prophetic announcements as possible...why? because of their belief, because of occulted agendas. They want to see their belief realised, and if that means bringing about conflict, oppression, genocide, religious and political aparthieds, all of which nicely frame armageddon, then so what!

Before the internet, news was not circulated around the globe as fast as it is today, events then seemed so distant and far away. Now though, we are practically seeing them as they happen, and thus events no longer seem so distant, they touch us with their reality as much as the banal but strangely facinating reality shows on tv. This creates a ambience, and the main media manipulation is that it focuses our attention on the threat of terrorism, the new enemy to fear. This fear in you shared by your community, tribe, society, country, drives the booming markets of 'arms' and military ordinance around the world. Without this fearful threat being constantly put in your mind, governments would not get away without at least being questioned on why they are spending obscene amounts of public funds on defence (read 'offense'), or why they seem forever embroiled in one conflict or another. Death and destruction is BIG BUSINESS, and every trick in the book is used to gain your compliance and silence through media manipulation; the abrogation of religion, its creeds and prophecies; political bullying, through the placing of economic strictures upon you through tax and utility bills, etc, etc.

In the end, it is all about getting you to dream of a better life for yourself first, and then possibly, for your neighbour. For from that dream comes all your effort, all your fortitude to persevere and carry on for what is only attainable to a small percentage, and they are not sharing. All the hardwork and effort you put in daily to survive is simply acknowledgement that you are complying to the manipulating systems. If you were allowed everything you wanted or needed, how could they control you? They do this now by getting you to anticipate your own death, to fear the ruin of your world at someone else's hand, God's, the Anti-Christ's, or the terrorist's. It is all manipulation!
Nothing more...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
SpeakerOfTruth..what do you believe about e.t's and that knid of stuff..do you think it has anything to do with jesus?

Well.... I have wondered. There are theories that imply that perhaps Jesus had some "alien" intelligence.

I use to be a big believer in UFOs and such; howvere,I am to the point now where I am of the mindset,if they exist,they exist;if they don't, they don't. I do think that UFOs may be representative of God's army... The bible is pretty explicit in its detail about how the powers of man will be unable to face the force that Jesus brings back with him.

Most would argue that that is because he will have the power of God with him...However, if that be the case, then why does itstate that an army shall follow after him? Why the need for a "band of angels"?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Most would argue that that is because he will have the power of God with him...However, if that be the case, then why does itstate that an army shall follow after him? Why the need for a "band of angels"?

From what it sounds like..this army will be fighting for jesus.

I think jesus is a more spirituall being ..and the angels are more like warriors but still spirituall in a sense..and since jesus doesnt really wanna fight,but make peace.....the angels will do the fighting for him.

then he will make peace on earth.

i think jesus and the "alien"' connection is very very likely.

matter of fact, i believe it is true.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

And those who speculate? .. is there a possibility that they may be correct? .

Yes, it's absolutely probable that over the last 2,ooo years,
there were a few who 'hit the nail on the head'...
even you might be correct in your inner realizations...but here's the message!

scripture has it that no person, or school of thought, or religion or cult,
would been keenly aware of the 'secrets' contained in the "70 weeks" prophecy,
(as whole populations on earth would be 'unawares') or the messages
of the 7 thunders, OR any of the end-time messages that were revealed to Daniel- - but went to the grave with Daniel, and will remain 'sealed' (which could mean, to not become popularized & accepted by the world)

PuRe EnErGy, you may have a handle on the end-time 'sealed' messages,
but any attempts by you, or anyone else, to instruct others or spread the knowledge will result in a null attempt...
because the force of the prophetic word will cause your message of enlightenment to Fall on Deaf Ears...so that the prophetic 'sealed words' should remain in effect!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join