It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APing and OoBE's (some questions)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So i'm a bit confused..
i know OoBEs are where you float about the world
People on this site are also making it seem like Astral projection is the same thing
but i was always led to believe that Astral Projection was to go to another realm?
if thats not the case what is it that im thinking of.

Also, has anyone ever heard of a 'school' in another realm ment for developing and utilizing abilities in other realms ... i've heard of it in rumors but if anyone knows anything of the sort feel free to spread the knowledge

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have not studied the subject in a long while. But from what I understand you could say an OOBE, allows one to move around a similar, albeit somewhat different, than our day to day reality includes. Astral Projection is like graduating from your Bachelor's Degree (OOBE) to your Masters/ Doctoral work. It involves working with other planes, but also encompasses OOBE.

The problem with projection and your "schools," is that from what I understand most planes appear very different depending on who is looking. I have heard some people tell stories about schools of learning, I do not know what to make of them though, as I simply study the subject, I don't practice it. (Whose got the time anymore! I guess I should spend less time on ATS huh?)

This is somewhat related, thought you might like the info, if you had not heard of it before. Some claim to be able to access them, I personally could not imagine anything more fascinating.

Akashic Records

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hello SamRi980,

OOBE: An experience in which your consciousness is controlling another vehicle other than your physical body, ergo out of body. This includes dreams, conscious astral projections, and out of body experiences into higher dimensions.

Astral Projection: An experience in which your consciousness is controlling your astral (5th dimensional) body; an experience in which you consciously interact with the 5th dimension.

In other words, OOBEs describe any type of experience out of your body, while Astral Projection is a specific out of body experience.

The White Lodge has many temples in the Astral plane in which initiates can deepen their understanding.

If you wish to learn more about Astral Projection, and the techniques used to achieve it, I recommend you take a look at this course:

Dream Yoga

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 13/11/2006 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank you very much, i believe i'll research this a bit more and begin practicing, though i'll admit im horrid at attempting OoBE's. Wish i had Rivergoddess's luck at finding an adapt APer lol

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If you are just starting off ... Try to get within yourself first ... Not sure how else to describe other than you must be @ 1 with yourself .... before you can even begin trying anything of this nature ... If you do not meditate daily ...then just go watch a movie ... You will be more entertained than trying to have something that your brain is not PHYSICALLY capable of ...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
thanks for the suggestion, but i beileve i get a bit to 'into' the movies i watch for it to be considered meditation... less, that is whats wanted.
If so, i watch movies all the time, i cry, laugh, fear, get mad, what is the next step to bring me closer to OoBEs or AP

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamRi890
thanks for the suggestion, but i beileve i get a bit to 'into' the movies i watch for it to be considered meditation... less, that is whats wanted.
If so, i watch movies all the time, i cry, laugh, fear, get mad, what is the next step to bring me closer to OoBEs or AP

I think you must have misunderstood .. Meditation .. is no where close to watching a movie ... and if you think you can meditate while watching a movie .... WoW ... N/M .. enuff said ..........Well for sure you wouldn't be albe to get to level 4 of meditation ... for sure ......... and that is the lowest level which you can .... do any thing worth meditating at all !

top topics

join