It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobia, Bringing Jews and Muslims Together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Isn't it beautiful to see two religions that have been at each-others throats for years, unite in their common hatred and bigotry of those that choose to live an "alternative" lifestyle.

Jews and Muslims in Jerusalem joined forces to resist a gay rights rally due to be held in the holy city next Friday, The Telegraph reported.
Link

A Gay Pride Parade was scheduled for last Friday in Jerusalem. Of course fanatics on both sides of the Wall have let loose with their "liberal" views on homosexuality.

"This is not the homo land. This is the Holy Land. It's inappropriate here. Jerusalem is not a Greenwich Village, huge gay bar. It's Jerusalem, the Holy City." --Rabbi Yehuda Levin

"These people are sick and they should be treated in hospitals. [...] people with this disease should not be out in the streets." --Israeli cabinet Minister Abbas Zocher

Orthodox Jews have been rioting every night for weeks, placing bombs throughout the city, setting fires throughout the city, blocking roads and attacking drivers, warning that "the streets will run with blood" if the fags march, plastering posters in orthodox neighborhoods about how God demands cleansing of “the evil, the abominations,” and encouraging the faithful to burn the city clean by making and using molotov cocktails against gay marchers. Rioting Jewish fanatics have attacked and injured dozens of policemen. Jewish fanatics staged this morning a "Beast Parade," dragging asses and dogs through the streets.

Link

The Israeli supreme rabbinic court of the Orthodox Eida Haredit has even considered issuing a pulsa d'nura - i.e. halakhic death curse on the organizers of the parade. The curse is also for those who try and interrupt the right of the Orthodox to riot and hurl stones at the paraders. A Pulsa d'nura is Aramaic for "whip of fire," a magic spell with origins in Talmudically-rooted kabbalistic sorcery. The spell is supposed to cause the death of the targeted person within a year by ritually invoking "angels" to kill the intended victim.

Who would have thought it?

All we needed to do to bring these two enemies together is to find them another foe that they can hate even more.

Religion is so beautiful in how it brings people together.

[edit on 12/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It reminds me allot of an emo band.

You get roughly 4 people who woulnd't normally talk to each other due to pure hatred for the entire world and put them together so they can sing about their hatred for the entire world.

Anyway... That is terrible And I can't comprehend why people must loathe one another for the pure sake of them feeling better about themselves.

(no offense to emo bands/listeners)

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Beelzebubba
You forgot the Christians, they were also against the parade.

I saw this on TV last week, and the authorities found a good way to prevent the parade while appearing not to accept the complains of the religious groups, saying that because of that "accident" that killed some people in Palestine it was better to avoid big crowds...

PS: I do not know if you have noticed that your name is in the same colour as the background, making invisible.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Beelzebubba
You forgot the Christians, they were also against the parade.

I saw this on TV last week, and the authorities found a good way to prevent the parade while appearing not to accept the complains of the religious groups, saying that because of that "accident" that killed some people in Palestine it was better to avoid big crowds...

Christians too, huh? Why doesn't that surprise me. Isn't it sickening to find that the only method of bringing these theologies together is a common hatred?

Makes one wonder if the "technical accident" that killed 18 Palestinians was actually committed in order create the excuse that you cited. No Orthodox Jews stoning gays, the public image is upheld and it only costs a few lives.

PS: I do not know if you have noticed that your name is in the same colour as the background, making invisible.

Not quite.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Now Rabbi Yehuda Levin has written a memo to the President and Members of U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. In what was to be an historic move by the Catholic Church in finally recognizing homosexuality as being genetic. Rabbi Levin steps in with this little gem:

Please forgive me for interjecting myself into the internal affairs of the Catholic Church, but the vote you will take today will have a direct impact on the work of many dedicated Catholics, Jews, and Moslems, who are fighting the immoral plague of homosexuality that is sweeping the Western world today.

A statement by the Catholic Conference that homosexuality is genetic and cannot be cured is an exact duplicate of the tragic 1973 policy change by the American Psychological Association that homosexuality is not abnormal. This policy statement legitimized homosexuality, and set the stage for the homosexual revolution that we are experiencing today. The vote was not based on facts. It was rammed through by homosexual activists at the meeting, who intimidated the delegates.

Levin Memo

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why do gays need to parade around for anyways? I don't want to see them. They do this where I live and most people escape the city on that weekend to get away from it. It is just perversion out in the open and there is even little kids watching it. I've heard stories of people walking around in public nude and semi-nude.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well... It's their right. Homophobia is still a major concern in all nations. Gay bashings and murders are a horrific thing that need to be brought to attention. As well as the general discrimination gays face all the time. You could say that these parades are done for the same reason that civil rights marches were held in the '60's in America.

SYDNEY -- More than 800 gays and lesbians and supporters marched in a May 12 protest against bashings and of lesbians and gay men and the murders of several gays. The march was sponsored by groups including the Gay Solidarity Group, Dykes on Bikes and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Link

Many gay-hate murderers were exceptionally brutal, surprisingly young, and killed to support a society they believed approved of their actions, a report released yesterday says.

The Australian Institute of Criminology study of 74 gay homicides in NSW over the past 20 years said victims were usually killed by a stranger in incidents that involved high levels of violence.

Link

These are just examples from my country.

Imagine the guts one would need to have to partake in such a march in Israel.

[edit on 15/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

new topics

top topics

join