It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

collect rare projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Few of civil-cargo plane is twin engine that hang in under-wing pods like Kawaski C-1. Yesterday, I read a book in which introduce a project called General Avia F.3500 just sounds like that above. Who can show me that picture of project?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I've never seen it in any of my books, and you can't find it on Yahoo or Google. Where did you hear about it from?

Tim

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If you can give me a date for this project I can see if it is included in any of my Jane's.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
If you can give me a date for this project I can see if it is included in any of my Jane's.

You won't find it Waynos! I just double checked Jane's World Aircraft and The Complete Encyclopedia of World Aircraft. Neither book has it or anything close!

Tim

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I may be able to find something, amongst other books I have about 20 editions of Jane's All the Worlds Aircraft, spanning the period from 1938 to 2004, and each and every one of them features various projects that never materialised (such as the Boeing SST we were discussing earlier which appears from 1965 to 1970). Therefore if emile can give me a rough estimate, say 'Mid 1970's' or whatever, it might turn something up, you never know.

edit; and a country as well, these books are pretty big!

[edit on 14-11-2006 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Your reply lead me to have huge hope.
I saw this unbuilt project show in JAWA 1985-1986 edtion on page 156. Because camera be forbiden in library, I have no way to save any pic or words to my PC. Only things I can remember are the nickname of this transporter called Sparviero(Hawk) which developed from Italy since 1983 for sure. I am interested in this just because this may be the only one transporter project be designed as high-set wing with only two engine pods hanging under it.

On the other hand, if any experts here can tell me any transporter project was designed as only two engine pods hung under high-set wing, you would give me a very interesting information I have never hearded.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here you go emile, this is from the 1984-85 edition;

Looking in the 1990-91 edition I can see that it was still an ongoing project and General Avia had got as far as building the fuselage but in later editions it appears that they had decided to forget all about it as there is no further mention in the books I have, if you can get a peek in the 1992-95 editions it might turn up a bit more info

It reminds me a bit of this, the slightly larger Dornier 328JET;

You might also like these pictures, the top one is the An 74-300 while the next two feature the all new An 148 which is competing with the Sukhoi Superjet 100. Tupolev has a couple of similar looking projects, one of which, pictured right at the bottom, is called the Tu-330.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I know you will give me what I want always!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I come back to bother you again, waynos!
I still remember that JAWA 1985-1986 edtion in which there is picture of artist's impression of MiG-29 and Su-27 three view. Could you scan them to me if you are willing to please? Thanks in advance here.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Do you mean the images of what *thought* they looked like, before we really knew?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yes, that's what I wanto say.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'll dig out and post up the images later on emile when I have a little more free time, I'm about to get ready to go and watch my football team lose another game just now

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here you go emile, better late than never. These are not directly from Jane's but they are the same images, I took them from something a bit easier to scan.

As a bonus I've included the full set. By which I mean the aircraft that were reported in the early 1980's as being spotted at Ramenskoye (sp?) and which were codenamed 'Ram-L, Ram-M, Ram-N and Ram-P (perhaps avoiding confusion with 'Rambo' by missing a letter
).

These subsequently were identified as the Mig 29 and 31 and Sukhoi Su-25 and 27, although there was still a great deal we did not know. As you can see the Su-25 and MiG 31 guesses were pretty spot on (if you forgive those huge nozzles on the Su-25), but the Flanker and Fulcrum were correct only in plan view, with every other angle being complete fiction. I think the reason for this error was the previous reports that the two aircraft resembled the F-18 in layout, leading to the completely wrong intake geometry shown here. If you think these are bad, you should see the 'fatboy' Tu-22M Backfire impressions from about 1972!

[edit on 28-11-2006 by waynos]

top topics

join