It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is marijuana illegal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted

I've been thinking about this, and it seems to make sense, to me at least..

I don't smoke or do any sorts of drugs like marijuana, but I thought it was interesting at the very least..

Why is marijuana illegal..but cigarettes are legal?

Let's look at a few differences in the two..

Deadly:

Cigarettes: Yes
Marijuana: No

Addictive:

Taxable:

So, let's see here..

Cigarettes are more dangerous..

But cigarettes give the government more of a profit since they can't tax marijuana..

So, what it comes down to is, money and health. Health can't be the reason it's illegal, because as I just said, there are legal items, cigarettes, alcohol etc.. that are deadly, and others that are illegal such as marijuana that are not deadly. So what does that leave? Money. It's all about money.

I really don't care one way or the other whether marijuana is legal or illegal, but it's amazing to me how cigarettes are excusable and tobaco companies are allowed to murder millions every year all for a buck while people just trying to get a little buzz in a more healthy way than drinking alcohol are getting arrested and given a criminal record for possession of drugs which completely destroys their life because now they can't go out and get a job fairly. And for what? Because the government couldn't get their few cents for every dollar?

Nice

It's really great how our government has gone from of the people, by the people, and for the people to a complete hostile takeover of all industries, personal property, and privacy of the very people that elected these criminals into office in the first place. It rivals a dictatorship and makes you wonder why we get our panties all in a wad over communism and travel thousands of miles to kill terrorists that can't do anything more than blow up a 1970's car and lead to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives all while the real terrorists are the ones sitting comfortably in power collecting our hard earned income.

It just goes to show you how something as simple as marijuana opens the door to a much bigger scam perpetrated onto the American people. That one scam opens the door to many more and writes a complete biography on the real state of our government. Our government is not the peace loving, innocent, in it for the people, freedom of speech, government that they want us to believe.

Shame on all of you that believe them and shame on them for destroying the constitution and eroding the values and potential that this country had.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Your partially correct, but marijuana is addictive, I believe its more mental then physical, unlike cigarettes though. But you've hit the nail on the head when you meantioned that Marijuana is not taxable, you also can't monopolize it, thats why it will remain illegal.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by sympthons_WDF]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
I apologize if this has already been posted

Yes this subject has been discussed many times here at ATS. ATS Google search results.

Closed.

new topics

join