It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda plans holiday attacks in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Intelligence agencies have been warned that Al Qaeda is preparing attacks during Christmas holidays in Europe. This after interrogation of Al Qaeda suspects. They believe that attacks have been planned on air and rail travel. One suspect says it will be similar to what happened in London Heathrow airport earlier this year, only this time they are better prepared.

www.dnaindia.com
WASHINGTON, DC: Intelligence agencies have been warned that Al Qaeda may be planning to attack air and rail travel in Europe during the busy holiday travel season, CBS News reported.

Citing intelligence sources, the television network said on Friday the warnings came from interrogation of Al Qaeda suspects, who recently left Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"One suspect said plans for repeating the (London) Heathrow (airport) attempt were all prepared. It is now a matter of taking action," CBS News quotes one Arab official as saying. "Al Qaeda's strategy appears to be raising the pressure in Europe."

In a move that has been puzzling intelligence agencies, Al Qaeda has been withdrawing well-trained Arab fighters from the mountains and battlefields of Afghanistan over the past six months while handing over its militant activities in Afghanistan to that country's resurgent Taliban movement, the report said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Repeating what happened in London wouldn't be a very wise idea as we are not aloud to take any fluids into the plan anymore, or did they invent something else again.....probably, they will always find something else.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by rai76]

[edit on 11/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hmm...it's nice to see UBL and all his friends already getting into the holiday spirit!

Anyway who knows if these intelligence estimates of risk are really worth the paper their written on. Something might or might not happen. I'd say eat, drink and be merry anyways.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I plan too. Buggers won't put me off. I'll be having a jolly old time in Cornwall anyway. Far away from trains and planes..

If they did do something, then let's hope their God protects them. Doing it at Christmas just isn't cricket and we English like cricket......

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

If they did do something, then let's hope their God protects them. Doing it at Christmas just isn't cricket and we English like cricket......

Terrorists dont have a God, they have a creator, his name is Satan.

Satan promises these sexed starved puppets an eternity of Virgins and orgys but what he delivers to them is a bath of brimstone and fire.

Speaking of Brimstone and Fire, i beleive this is what the Australian cricket squad will deliver upon the English cricket squad dont you think ??

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hmm...it's nice to see UBL and all his friends already getting into the holiday spirit!

Anyway who knows if these intelligence estimates of risk are really worth the paper their written on. Something might or might not happen. I'd say eat, drink and be merry anyways.

[edit on 11/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

Yes that is always the thing might or might not. But I think it's enough to fear some people to fly during the holidays. I myself are flying from Netherlands to Switserland during New Years to spend New Years in the mountains. But it doesn't fear me, I always say when it is my time it is my time and no one is holding me back to move around.

new topics

top topics

join