It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tapeworm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I heard on NPR, in I believe 2002, that the united States has weaponized the common tapeworm. It's eggs can be placed on the food of it's victim and ingested without them knowing. It is just another tool for the assassin.

I did a google search for the story but found absolutely nothing. I clearly remember where I was and the contents of the story. It's funny how the American media system works.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Quick! Hide that picture before DGtempe and Rachel see this! It will be on your conscience if they have nightmares tonight!

Seriously though, can you actually die from a tapeworm? I mean I know maybe in 3rd world countries but in modernized nations its something that can easily be gotten rid of. I can't see this as being used as a assasination device unless they were some type of mutated tapeworm that could ravage your internal organs within a matter of days or weeks.

Pie

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That is the idea. It was weaponized.

I don't know for sure, but I imagine they crossed it with something that likes the taste of human tissue and/ or something that is really really hungry.

One thing's for sure, it's guarantied to eat your a** out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
IT goes through the stomach wall and moves in the bloodstream.
It starts producing microfilaria (baby worms) that cause an
immediate and severe loss of energy. If you have support
people, you are a burden. If you don't, you die.

It can be stopped with a vet medicine used on horses.

If you get through the early phase, you develop a number of
later illnesses. Progressive arthritis. One joint goes, and then,
another. months later, the next. Strangely, Hip, knee, foot.
Or finger, elbow, shoulder.

Heart palpitations, and short term "stoppage". They favor the
fourth chamber of the heart.

After twelve years they can hatch and crawl out through oozing
sores.

Often the body will form a cyst around some of the worms. Ever
wonder why doctors find all those cysts but never a cause?

In kids this is the cause of some of those ear infections that don't
seem to be cured by medication.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You paint a beautiful mental picture.... Whoever you are.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I would like to know your source for this information as I cannot find anything like what you have described.

TAPEWORMS (Cestodes)

According to Intestinal Cestodes, authors Craig, and Ito 2007 suggest that the effects of this gut dwelling Cestodes are usually very minimal. The people that have been infected by this tapeworm have described the following symptoms: abdominal discomfort and pain, cramp, colic, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, restlessness, vertigo, headache, tiredness, malabsorption, anorexia, muscular pain, vitamin deficiency, megaloblastic anemia, weight loss (or gain), intestinal blockage, jejunal perforation, appendicitis, pancreatitis, pseudo-incontinence, pruritis ani, rectal-flutters, spontaneous voiding of segments from the anus, depression and psychosis (Craig & Ito 2007:524).

Furthermore, through self-infection of Taenia Solium (the pork tapeworm) there has been in the past a serious life threatening infections of taeniais (also referred to as taeniosis) which may make the chances of neurocysticercosis go higher (Craig & Ito 2007: 524).

top topics

join