It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anybody miss....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
anybody missing the days of turn based RPG's? anybody else wondering if a good turn based game will ever come out again.

I often wonder if Im the only person who still kind of prefers turn based when it comes to the RPG's. I mean I understand why they were used(lack of ability to use real time most likely), but if you think about it, it gave a real feel for strategy. The final fantasy series on ps1, you had to make sure you had all the right gear made up before the boss fight and such, then hasd a strategy going in, and it was organized to an extent.

It feels like real time often turns into how fast you can hit them with your most powerful attack repeatedly. I always found myself resorting to one powerful attack which I would run in circles and smash them with, and always seeming to win, even if it did take some time. The fighting just seems rather dull now.

anybody else share any similar sentiments?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
yeah, i do sometimes. i just kinda like the whole planning bit of it all.

FF3(ds remake) is coming up pretty soon . Children of mana is already out.
those are both turn based, so i'll try picking up those...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well grimreaper797, there is already a good turned based RPG. It's Final Fantasy III for the DS.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm with you.

In fact, I recently grabbed Betrayal at Krondor off an abandonware site just for that reason.

Some of the real time stuff is just a little...I don't know...frenetic.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
fallout and fallout 2 OWNED!!!

all must bow before its mighty might!

turn based strat games rooled too

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i absolutely love turn based rpg games a good one out recently for ps2 is dragon quest 8 and excellent game and of course ff3 for ds but yeah they are slowlydissapearing... and i will miss them dearly when no new ones are made cept by bored online flash makers...

-the king

JbT

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ive played a couple ok ones in the last couple years... but nothing like the old FF7 godlyness.

Grandia for PS2 was one in the last couple years that I really did like.

top topics

join