It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What airplane is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
unknown_plane_xvid.avi

I can't remember right now from what documentary this was taken, but does anyone have any idea what plane is that?

Obviously it is a testing version/model, but I have no idea what plane it's based on.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmm interesting. I'm not sure what it is, but it does look like the US NAvy's cancelled A-12 attack plane proposed to replace the aging A-6 Intruders back in teh 1980's.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'd love to help but I can't see the vid, I just get the old 'wmp has encountered a problem' message. Any chance of posting up a still from it?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Its the Boeing Blended wing prototype flight....

Ill get the pic for you waynos.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thank you for the suggestion rogue1
From the images I could find on the A-12 it looks like the A-12 was more delta/wing shaped that this particular plane:

Here are the stills waynos:

image 1
image 2
image 3
image 4
image 5

but the quality isn't great, so I made another video using a different compression, hopefully this one you'll be able to watch:

unknown_plane_mpg4.avi

D4rk Kn1ght thank you for the information!

It is in fact a Boeing Blended wing plane as you can confirm here from the pictures.

Thank you everyone!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Its the flight test for the blended wing desing - not the X-48 from boeing but the forerunner if you like, or the kick start that lead to all of the current research for the x-48.

Cranfield uni here in the UK took part as well in the design.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

Its the flight test for the blended wing desing - not the X-48 from boeing but the forerunner if you like, or the kick start that lead to all of the current research for the x-48.

Cranfield uni here in the UK took part as well in the design.

The way the picture was taken reminds me of the super secret triangular UFO.

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
don't it just?!

See that sucker at night, low level, a few secret military mods on it and your looking at a confusing shape in the sky to say the least.

Shorten the wings a bit, and your looking at the almost perfect black stealthy triangle - not the kind that does mach 22 from a stand still, but the low and slow versions that just float off....

some one, some where might just be floating around in one of these!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Definatly the Blended Wing Body prototype model. Was it successful? Looked pretty neat to me

top topics

join