It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need more people like this (Rage Against The Machine)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, this does involve music, but the main topic of discussion here is where is the passion and involvement of most music artists now days as far as political/government issues aka "sticking it to the man". In this video, Rage Against the Machine plays their song "sleep now in the fire" on Wall Street.

What I am wanting to know is why aren't more "famous people" doing this. Our music artists are some of the most powerful people in the country when it comes to getting away with things, so why don't more take a stand and fight for the people. They have the ability to get people from all across the nation to come together, so where are all of the people. I know many reasons why Music artists don't do this, but they seriously need to.

The Passion of RATM and other groups is what we need right now, people are steadily losing rights, but musical artists such as these can get the people of america and other countries to see what is really going on, and fight for our rights.

"We gotta take the power back!"

Sleep Now in The Fire

"The band called The Machine Rages On, or Rage Against The Machine, that band is Anti-family and Pro terrorist."

If spreading the word of what is really going on to the uninformed makes you Anti-family and Pro terrorist, I wonder what you have to do to be considered patriotic, rob a country blind and then smoke some Cuban cigars.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

[edit on 10/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It seems that quite a few people have looked at this thread. I'm not sure how many have checked out the video here, and I'm sure at least one person has an opinion about this video. As a side note, while i'm talking about videos, if anybody has any comments about my signature please direct them to this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I agree we really need more people to stand up. People love music,
Check out the Flobots video "I can ride a bike with no handlebars" kinda annoying to me but listen to the words and watch the video.
Disturbed has some political songs. But they are complex. "10,000 fist in the air" "Liberate" "Land of confusion"
Also Disturbed has started "Music as a weapon tours" I have heard they were doing lottery for free tickets at times. all seats werew "supposebly" free.
And if I am not mistaken "Land of confusion" was done by Phil Collins. Disturbed just did a cover. But the video is about war and kinda relavent to these times.

[edit on 03 /13/200 by realboogyman]

join