It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with a disturbing dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi I don’t usually post in the dreams forum but I had a dream and for some reason I can’t shake it. I’m a bit sceptical about dream interpretation but here goes.

I dreamt that there was a white Cobra in my house, pure snow white, about 6-7 feet long with a huge hood, a big sucker.
I chased this thing around my house, im brave in my dreams, and managed to corral it into a clear plastic bag. I picked up the bag and threw it into my garden.
I then picked up a broom and commenced beating the snake with it. Thing is the snake escaped and climbed up the fence in my back garden and quick as a flash it turned and bit me on the left shoulder. Thing is I actually felt the fangs go in and felt some pain, then I woke up very confused and very frightened. This seemed more than just a dream, it felt very real.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome, many thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes that is a rather disturbing dream. i've had pain in dreams, and i posted about it here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's quite weird i must admit, but very interesting too. Are you afraid of snakes in reality?

now I've been so kind as to participate in this weird dream thread, maybe someone has some idea about mine? www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No as a general rule im not afraid of snakes, but if i had a 7 foot Cobra in my front room then yes id be terrified.
The thing that was different about this dream is that i actually felt the fangs sink into my shoulder and felt the pain, something that has never happened to me before in a dream state.
Dont get me wrong ive had scary dreams before but the feeling of pain in the dream made it more real and more frightening, it was a very real dream ..... thats the best i can describe it.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't often get pain in dreams either, and true it is rather strange. In my dreams with pain in though, a lot of the detail I often have in dreams was gone.

A 7 foot cobra in your front room, I can imagine how that would be scary. Does anyone know if there are white cobras?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I love dreams.

It sounds to me like you've been hashing out some ideas on something that "should" be plain to see but isn't. Like the white snake - white is usually something "good"...

Is there a situation you're experiencing right now that appears good but that you suspect of being...well not so good? Vague I know, but the mind creates little stories for us to help us hash these things out and give ideas some form and shape.

You said you're confident and brave in your dreams...and with a danged snake too! So you're questioning some strengths where this problem is concerned.

The bagging of the snake (the problem) is you trying to gain control in a practical way without causing harm (you don't like to create conflict) but then you take it outside and try to beat it to death...LMAO..inner anger towards being put on the spot.

The snake escapes (as most problems tend to when you don't address them immediately) and it bites you.

In short:

There's a problem you've been stressing over likely involving other people or a person. They seem really good but something really isn't quite right. You want to call them on it but are afraid to create conflict in case you're wrong. You've tried to contain the situation but you're getting frustrated at not being able to voice your feelings about it.

This may be WAAAAAY off...I'm a novice
let me know if it's close though?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I don't often get pain in dreams either, and true it is rather strange. In my dreams with pain in though, a lot of the detail I often have in dreams was gone.

A 7 foot cobra in your front room, I can imagine how that would be scary. Does anyone know if there are white cobras?

Cobras don’t occur naturally as a rule, but like most animals and reptiles there are albino versions.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric

In short:

There's a problem you've been stressing over likely involving other people or a person. They seem really good but something really isn't quite right. You want to call them on it but are afraid to create conflict in case you're wrong. You've tried to contain the situation but you're getting frustrated at not being able to voice your feelings about it.

This may be WAAAAAY off...I'm a novice
let me know if it's close though?

As a matter of fact there is a problem that has been bothering me. I have a rare inherited heart condition that is inoperable. So far I have been able to control it with medication but my condition has worsened over the months and I have been very ill, one of the reasons I don’t post very often, on Monday I have to go into work for a meeting about my future role at my company. Perhaps they will offer me a less stressful role until im well again, I don’t know and it has been preying on my mind. And you are right, id rather avoid conflict when possible.
That’s very interesting, thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Cool
I'm sorry to hear about your health though...I really hope everything works out well as far as your job is concerned...you sound worried but, I get the feeling that you'll be fine
Just speak your mind and lay it all out there.

It's funny how the the mind creates symbols for us in our dreams...I'm always facinated.

Truly Janus I wish you all the best.

Oh and Pain for all my experiences tell me that it's usually something that happens to make us remember the dream or the feeling we are left with after the dream...a marker so to speak.

Cheers and best to you!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It is your spiritual guardian telling you that it is holy and very deadly, and no matter how you try to deny your spiritual side he/she is going to stay with you watching over your shoulder.

It could be a way of saying you have a powerful being with you no matter what you have to go through?

It gave you the physical sensations to let you know it is a real presence. Being spiritual it can take any shape.

top topics

join