It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the loss in the elections a long term GOP strategy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
AS I watched the elections and thought about our country and my friends, I realized that many, many people were voting against republicans, based on TV and Internet reading mostly. Most of these people are opposed to the war or thinks that Bush is a dolt. However, could the losing of the house and senate, and the cooperation from within the oval office actually be a strategy that no one is seeing. It is to ensure a good presidential race in 2008, for if the GOP controlled the gov't still, there is no way they could get someone elected in 2008.

The democrats have wanted to be involded in Iraq and other foriegn policy, and now has the weight to try it, but it now also has the burden of the next 2 years prior to a presidential election if things do not get better globally. Now, if you think Iraq is going to get better with Pelosi as speaker, or that a new SOD will have better relations with Iran, or that King KIm will not launch another nuke, you are a sadly mistaken bunch. THese issues will remain.

This is a set up, served up on a platter and the democrats will hang themselves in the next 2 years, as the blame will shift from the republicans to the democrats who are stating that they are 'in charge', if foriegn relations do not get better. I mean, if the Republicans are so powerful, would they not have 'fixed this election also', as so many people claim the polling machines are rigged.

Just a ramble, just a thought, wanted to see if anyone else saw this pov. thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That the Democrats won the congress because of the war and the state of affairs in our nation is a fact.

I see the whole thing as a way for the Republicans to now step down about the mess in Iraq and let the Democrat get the blame for it, while getting ready for a clean start with the next presidential elections.

Yes if Democrat do not play their cards right and the promises that are still not well defined will no happen they will hang like you said.

The issues in the world remain the same, NK is still a thread, Iraq is still a mess and Iran is still a problem.

Yes this next two years we will see how well one party is over the other one when it comes to dealing with world problems.

But it seems to me that for now Republicans just has washed their hands off the Iraqi and world affairs.

Perhaps it was nto a good idea for Democrats to take over in a time like this after all.

Is not going to be easy to clean the mess that Republicans made and I honestly believe that they are not going to be able to do it all.

join