It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye soring ads on ATS now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Don't know how many times in the last 24 hours I've been congratulated as the 999.999th visitor of actually I don't know what. My 3 month on ATS can't count that many visits yet.

I'm not going to claim my prize as the bouncing message so obvious wants me to. Whatever "the prize" might be, I'm not that stupid to invite spyware, adware, and/or any other kinds of malicious cookies into my computer.

But it is a big annoyance, a real eye sore to me.
Just that heavy blue flashing on the deep red bouncing, can drive me nuts in minuttes. I scroll down immediately so I avoid the top-banner, just to get it going as side-banner.
Just don't understand how I can remain the 999.999th.

I'm well aware that the bread and butter for a board like ATS comes from its the ads, but couldn't there be a lower limit as to what should be accepted? I mean it's not just my eyes that get hurt, spiritually I see it as an insult to my intellect.

Hasn't the level been lowered lately? I also see quit a few lighty dressed females in the ads as well. Not that I mind them, they don't hurt my eyes.
But attention-demanding ads do.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Agreed Khumoon.
Some of the recent adverts should come with an epilepsy warning.
Not good if you haven`t had much sleep.
The one which really bugs me is the "swat the mosquito" ad.
Really makes me want to put my foot through the monitor.

Edn

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There was a topic on one of the ads not to long ago. I agree some of these ads really need to be addressed quite a few of them pose serious health risks to some people.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Let me add to the list that stupid ab ad.. the one that talks really loud and makes me turn down my music or give up on the thread I'm reading...
There's a reason I gave up watching tv and listening to the radio -- I did not want their stupid ads floating around in my head! (I've finally forgotten the crappy mcdonald's song, and I'm working on the twix commercial from my younger years..)
At least with the net ads, I can look and/or scroll away... this one demands my attention, no matter where I am on the page.. ticks me off that there's no mute button, and that they had the audacity to even put it out!

It's disgusting the levels that ad companies sink to in order to try and make a profit.

(The doubley sad thing is that someone has clicked these stupid ads... either that, or the companies are really desparate.. I can't tell which stupidity has been enacted.)

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why are we so willing to bite the hand that feeds us?

This is a great privledge we have, that does not cost us a penny. These annoying ads keep us in business here. The Ads with audio are certainly reason enough to voice some displeasure. Only because an emoticon that screams, Oh My God!, is enough to stop a mans heart.

The ads that flash or announce you've won the latest whatever are not. We say the quality of these ads is going down. If they keep paying the bills, I could care less if a girl is in a procative dress or I am the 999,999 visitor the last 22 times I log into the site.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlords Ad Hitlist)

The staff have a thread that is directed towards these issues. If you find an ad that drives you nuts, let them know. In my opinion they have always been welcome to opinions and constructive criticism.

If you find that doesn't resolve the issue for you, make a formal complaint.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
the ads don't bother me , hey i like it here on ats, ats has to make a living somehow. i think i can live with a few dumb ads here and there.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Let me add to the list that stupid ab ad.. the one that talks really loud and makes me turn down my music or give up on the thread I'm reading...

i just refresh until i get a different ad. easiest thing to do in my opinion.

top topics

join