It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered (fast forward) state Panic attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I had a look at the forums, and this looked the most likely place to post this. If not, feel more than free to move it.

Something has been worrying as friend of mine. It seems sometimes that she goes into a state where everything around her appears to be moving really fast (like pressing fast-forward on a video player). She finds that if she concentrates hard she can make the state go away, but it is disconcerting, and something that is disturbing her somewhat. I had a look on wikipedia/google but couldn't turn anything up. Anyone got any ideas/thoughts or ideas about about other places that might have an answer (It doesn't appear to be sleep paralysis related, I ruled that out pretty soonish). It would be very helpful, and help set her mind at ease.

Many Thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Check out this link for more information for your friend. Lists symptoms and causes... generally it's not just dizziness...it also creates impressions or perceptions of items, things around the sufferer of movement... very common though a bit scary when it starts happening.

Definintely not panic attacks though if she's prone it could definintely cause one

Vertigo Signs and Signals

Hope it helps

join