It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Spaceworm video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Someone has posted a NASA spaceworm video that I cant remember seeing before, its very good to. What do you people think these things are? Being from earth, beging from other planets, some kind of craft, or just space junk?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looks like a half circle form metal part of something more then a worm to me.

They are expressly pointing a spotlight at it too, kinda wierd how the spotlight is casting a haze like you'd imagine in fog from a spotlight, but this being in space.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's interesting for sure. Personally I think it's space debris. It is possible that it's something else, but in all the videos I've seen the worms could also be interprited as space debris just as easily as anything else. Because of the possible interpretations and space debris being the most likely thats what side i would put my money on.

However, that is not to say that it couldn't be a space worm either. What ever it was it was unusuall enough to gain the curiosity of the astronaughts who no doubt probably see all sorts of space junk.

I remember reading an interview with Story Muskgrave (sp) not sure which magazine-i want to say discovery or scientific american- in which during the interview they asked him what some of the stranger things he's seen in space were. He went on to mention a long worm looking reflective object outside the spaceshuttle on one mission. He was vauge as to what he thought it was but he did mention it was possible it was unusuall space junk.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi there, I have a video on it or something identical, only without the flashing. And it was taken by Dr Story Musgrave, six career flights and earned a Doctorate. (see):www.jsc.nasa.gov...

Dr Musgrave said he has seen what he called his "Worm" on more than one flight. Anyway, his video capture of it is clear. And its taken with the Sun out. I taped his interview in /94 appx.

He claimed that it definitely had internal movement.

Dallas

Edit: I found a quote from Musgrave. It's not from the same interview I have as he's calling it a different name:www.spacestory.com...

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Dallas]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Cool so someone else knows about Story Musgrave talking about seeing these things. My question is how do these creatures propell themselves? Twisting, and writhing aren't going to help in space, so how do they manipulate space enough to travel around. It would be awsome if we had space worms. Kinda like migrating space whales-but worms. Hope they are benign. DO you think they could be animals or sentient?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The video is from the STS-109 Shuttle Mission, March 2002.

Discussed many times this object most probably was debris.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
The video is from the STS-109 Shuttle Mission, March 2002.

Discussed many times this object most probably was debris.

Yeah its definitely a shiny metallic piece and it retains the same shape while its tumbling. More then likely it was probably a piece of the shuttle just like the last one where the thing was in a parallel orbit with the shuttle. Its not wriggling or anything its just tumbling over and over.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I remember watching this on TV a long long time ago. The videos that I've found on the net are not the same ones that I remember watching years ago. I remember a closer video, as if it was right outside the shuttle. I remember it looking somewhat like a tube, but transparent sort of like a jellyfish.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Bugger! It says the video has been removed by the user. Can anyone find another link to a duplicate or said video?

IRM

top topics

join