It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Writing on the War on Terrorism: A Fiction or Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I offer to any who frequent this forum to read this excerpt from Dan Simmons regarding our current war on terrorism. Fiction, but nonetheles irrefuteably thought provoking and relevant. It is a long article but stick with it to the end if you can.

The Time Traveler

Feel free to discuss this writing and how it may or may not be relevant to our world as it is now.

This is fiction but it parallels what our actions or inactions consequences now may/could hold for our future.

Any idea of what the three words might be?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. That was a great read. I also found his other "Messages from Dan" enjoyable and just as thought provoking.

When the principals of this essay are applied to our current eco-social-political climate, it is capable of succeeding in the writers goal of provoking thoughts which are eye opening at least, disturbing down the middle, and terrifying at most.

A history lesson from the future... makes you think.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just want to know what the three words are

This is a great read and get's you thinking about how things can change or be changed if we try harder. It's scary and revealing and hard to comprehend to most who believe the world is a nice place and all we have to do is be nice.

join