It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke and the Brotherhood Society.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I read the David Icke book, The Biggest Secret. The data he presented in the book seems very reasonable and belivable. The connections of different conspiracies and 'unsolved mysteries' is also explained very well.

Has anyone read the book or know about this?

What do are your comments on his theories?

I am particularly interested about his theory (actually his friend's research teams work) of Mars being in the orbit of earth before and earth being closer to the sun. He says 'white' people (Aryans) were from Mars and the blacks were from earth which was much closer to the sun.
The aryans were an advanced race and came to earth to 'conquer' it. While a lot of them were on Earth, a comet struck Mars.
Then Venus (a comet) struck mars and moved it out of orbit and also it came very close to earth. The gravitational pull caused the earth to take Mars' orbit and Mars was pushed out of its orbit into its present one. This caused the end of life on Mars and earth suddenly was flooded completely because of Venus' close proximity. I wanna skip that explanation. This flood ended much life on earth too, but some people survived. The aryans used their advanced knowledge to rebuild earth.

This story sounds convincing because lot of official data and 'unexplained' data gives it credibility. This also proves that ice age never happened and is a fabricated story. This would explain all those ancient accurate maps of antarctica which was then allegdly covered in ice. This would also explain lot of Mars mysteries.

David then talks about formation of religion and gives some very convincing proof that religion was 'man-made' just to control mankind.

His book pretty much sums up every 'mystery' and gives believable reasons and proofs for it.

If all he wrote in the book is true then its pretty amazing stuff. What do you guys think of this?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Setting aside what a racist idea that sounds like....how did the "Aryans" get to Earth from Mars did they hop on a close pass, or did this comet knock some of them into space and they roped on to Earth and pulled themselves in? Ridiculous.

Why would the proximity of a comet cause the world to flood, where did all the extra water come from. And if the comet you refer to is Venus, as in planet Venus which collided with mars, how does Icke explain its stable orbit?

And there is scientific documented proof of the Ice Age for quite some time by the way.

I hope you really don't think Icke's theories explain a lot of histories mysteries, I had never read that bit you posted but my opinion increasingly declines of him the more I hear.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I hope you really don't think Icke's theories explain a lot of histories mysteries, I had never read that bit you posted but my opinion increasingly declines of him the more I hear.

Then maybe you should read some of it before anwering me because I was specifically asking the people who READ his book/books.

Bombarding me with questions rather than reading the material yourself just shows the lack of research on your part. Why did you even bother replying to my post if you haven't even read David Icke's book.

Keeping all his other ideas aside. The venus cataclysm theory sounds very plausible and does explain some of the 'mysteries'. Now please do not post here unless you have read the book or have any knowledge of what I am talking about.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Tom Van Flandern was on C2C a few months back, he is a research astronomer who has some similar theories on the planets to Ikes.

www.coasttocoastam.com...
www.metaresearch.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Does Icke give any reason in his book why the land masses of the earth split apart and moved so far apart Half Minded? I've always wondered exactly what caused that to happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
Does Icke give any reason in his book why the land masses of the earth split apart and moved so far apart Half Minded? I've always wondered exactly what caused that to happen.

No, he did not explain that. He explained the great flood that took place and why it took place. After the flood, earth was covered in water. And people living in the high mountain areas or (underground?) survived. They slowly started populating earth and civilization after civilization was almost wiped out. The technologies were lost but the knowledge was there and people slowly started to rebuild.

The book is an interesting read nevertheless.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
you know David is alot more approachable than people think and if you want an answer to any serious question you can ask the mad directly by emailing him through his website.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
He says 'white' people (Aryans) were from Mars and the blacks were from earth which was much closer to the sun.

If blacks and whites are from totally different planets, then their dna is going to be completely different, heck they might not both even use dna.

Then Venus (a comet) struck mars and moved it out of orbit and also it came very close to earth.

Venus is not a comet, its a planet. Its not made up of what comets are made up of.

The gravitational pull caused the earth to take Mars' orbit and Mars was pushed out of its orbit into its present one.

Why would that happen if venus moved to its present position? If anything, it'd draw the planets closer to the sun.

This caused the end of life on Mars

Why?

and earth suddenly was flooded completely because of Venus' close proximity. I wanna skip that explanation. This flood ended much life on earth too, but some people survived.

There was no global flood.

The aryans used their advanced knowledge to rebuild earth.

There is no real evidence of advanced ancient technology. The 'aryans' were a people from ancient india. The proto-indo-europeans, a people sometimes associated with the aryans, were from eurasia and didn't have advanced tech.

This story sounds convincing because lot of official data and 'unexplained' data gives it credibility.

The story sounds well nigh immpossible, if you look at the evidence that is out there. Its simply contradicted by it.

This also proves that ice age never happened and is a fabricated story.

Then please explain the oxygen istopic records, sea level records, the distribution of glacial tills, the changes in flora and fauna in the hypothesized ice bound regions, the regional geological features that were shaped by the movement of glaciers, even the scouring marks left by advancing and retreating glaciers.

This would explain all those ancient accurate maps of antarctica which was then allegdly covered in ice.

Please provide a citation for these supposed maps so that they can be considered.

This would also explain lot of Mars mysteries.

Such as what?

David then talks about formation of religion and gives some very convincing proof that religion was 'man-made' just to control mankind.

If the evidence for the history of religion is handled as poorly as the astronomical and physical evidence as above, then this theory doesn't hold much water.

His book pretty much sums up every 'mystery' and gives believable reasons and proofs for it.

That should raise some alarm flags.

If all he wrote in the book is true then its pretty amazing stuff. What do you guys think of this?

I haven't read the book, I'd like to hear what you think is the best argument and evidences for it and why its so convincing for you.

Burnt Offering
why the land masses of the earth split apart and moved so far apart Half Minded? I've always wondered exactly what caused that to happen.

THis is driven by plate tectonics, its a process that is going on today. Expanding rifts force plates to pull apart, where they met, depending on their characteristics, they might subduct, slide past one another, crumple into mountain chains, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I haven't read the book, I'd like to hear what you think is the best argument and evidences for it and why its so convincing for you.

Are people blind or cannot read english? Or people just choose what to read in a post or some people just plainly stupid. No offense but I just told someone specifically that I posted this thread specifically for people who READ THE BOOKS. And here you are again, trying to debunk the summary I gave of the book without even reading the book. I am not arguing about whether it is true or not. I just pointed out one specific theory in his book which sounds very plausible and was asking people for their opinion on that theory and whatever else comes to their mind about the book. PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE BOOK. The reason i stress for these people is beacuse David has his own research (with help from some others) and has come up with that theory and has explained it in detail in his book. I cannot write down all his explanations here. That is why, if you haven't read the book, then you are in no position to argue about it.

I can bet I will still have more people on here trying to 'debunk' david, who have no idea what im talking about and havent even read the book. Classic!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I can bet I will still have more people on here trying to 'debunk' david

there is no need. he does a pretty fair job of it all by himself.
IMO he took one to many bludgers to the head, if ya get my drift.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I totally agree about getting miffed in the head a couple times. He does well explaining some things about the Illuminati. I do happend to believe they do exist and have great power over the people. The one thing that threw me off is that he,"Believes that the powerful Illuminati are shape shifting reptiles." Now come on. This guy actually makes conspricy people look bad. Shape shifting reptiles okay

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i agree, while i cant imagine that icke is wrong about everything he writes, but talk of shape-shifting lizardmen and dimensional overlords kind of weakens his credibility.

the next thing you know he is gonna be telling us that scientologists are right and lord Xenu is comming to get us

[edit on 10-11-2006 by Becon of Light]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Have you heard that before I posted Becon? I remember watch a tv show called conspiracies on some cable channel. He was very convincing and gave many good examples of Illuminati symbols, and who the people are. He then does a complete 180 and starts talking about shape shifters. I thought any crediablity(sp?) you just had went out the window. He also stated that the earth was hollow and the original desendents are still living thier. I thought W.T.F.? You gotta be doin some go coke. And not the drink the snort

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
oh sure, icke has been a topic of talk on ATS for some time, some are completly taken by him, most think he is alittle out of his tree

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
half_minded, I think you have already clearly explained Icke’s claims in your OP. There is no need to read the book to understand more of what happened, details or not. (BTW, I’ve read the book so I’m “qualified” to post in your thread.)

You can’t discount the claims of mainstream astronomers and anthropologist (especially RE: blacks are from Earth, whities are form Mars) simply because they haven’t read the book.

After all, it’s not the world according to Icke…

If Venus doesn’t have the same chemical composition as a comet, then it doesn’t. No matter what Mr. Icke says or writes.

[edit on 10/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Are people blind or cannot read english? Or people just choose what to read in a post or some people just plainly stupid. No offense but I just told someone specifically that I posted this thread specifically for people who READ THE BOOKS.

I really don't need to read some book by david icke to be able to discuss why its silly to say that blacks are from earth and white-aryans are from mars. I can't be certain if its Icke's ideas that are nutso, or if you've simply made a poor presentation of them, but I can certainly comment on the ideas you've brought up. If you don't want to discuss them with people that haven't read the book, then you're simply going ot have to stop responding to people that.....didn't read the book.

I can bet I will still have more people on here trying to 'debunk' david, who have no idea what im talking about

Of course you will, you're presenting ideas here. If you've failed to present them as throughly as Icke, well, thats you're fault, not the rest of ours.

If you can't be bothered to try to give a sensible explanation of Icke's ideas, then fine, don't, and don't bother responding to anyone that hasn't read the book. Simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Nygdan,

So it does not matter to you what the OP is asking for and wants to discuss. You have to post a reply and your 2 cents even though you have not read the book which really should be the reason your opinion wont matter to the OP.

So you disregard what the OP is asking for. And you disregard the second time I repeat the same thing as a reminder. On top of that, you go about trying to argue again even though it is clear I dont want you to post here and hijack the thread or take it off-topic, etc. since you have not read the book.

I cannot post Icke's whole book. That is why I presentd the stuff I found interesting and wanted to know what others WHO HAVE READ THE BOOK thought about it. I cannot present the details. Its too much material.

But you comepletly disregard that and you want to still post over and over again reagrding the post. On top of that, you want me to just ignore you and go on with life. Why are you even posting here if you just want me to ignore you and not reply to you. Obviously, you want to just present your own argument (which is pointless) without reading the book and you want no one to reply to you so that you can feel that you are right about everything you say.

Btw, I was asking about some of David's theories and the information he presented in his book to support them. Thats my topic of discussion. Not David himself.

Well, go ahead. Post away. This is the last time I will be replying to you on this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hahaha got to love ike for getting every1s back up,

yes ive read the big secret and enter the matrix, and i wouldnt have joined this forum if i hadnt,

To anyone posting who's not read the book why are you bothering?
you cant discus a film with someones who's not seen it! same with a book,
your reminding me of my friend,he thinks dowsing is complete crap cos he saw 1 guy disprove it.anyone who can is wrong.

And its not racist to discus imigration!
how did we get to mars!fool

People dismis ideas there tiny minds cant handle, ive not heard people who have read ike's stuff say any of it is fact,its just a possibility. its always those closed minded ones who will dismiss it or just see one side of the argument.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've read Mr Icke's books, and I too find some of his theories fascinating... A lot of his ideas are quite far-out and he presents them very much like he thoroughly believes them.

I like to do a bit of mixing and matching between him and Zacharia Sitchin. Because if the two of them got together and created a compilation of both of their ideas and how they bolster one another, then that would be an awesome read.

I'm not saying that I steadfastly believe either of them, but as an alternative view to our history and explaining the unexplainable, they are truly pioneers.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

they are truly pioneers.

Not really. In the 70's it was Men are from Mars , Women are from Venus.

<<   2 >>

join