It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

references to secret bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm starting this thread to post references I find in government documents to secret bases, past and (preferrably) present.

I suspect most "Secret bases" are probably not so secretive, but nonethless, could make interesting reading to glean what exactly is occurring in them.

To start the ball rolling, I found this interview with a Ronald Kroeger who worked on a secret Naval base in Yorktown, Va.

I was assigned to a secret base in Virginia which was a part of the Naval Mine Depot at Yorktown. We actually reported to Los Alamos, and it was a new base, and I was able to bring my wife into base housing on the outside of the base, not on the inside of the base. I received top secret clearance before I could go to work there through the FBI. The following year -- well, that year all the atomic tests were done down in New Mexico.

Were you really aware of the consequences of what kind of projects you were involved in, and did you understand really how that fit in the scheme?

Ronald Kroeger:
Yeah.

Larry Ordner:
Can you talk about that a bit? Just you were --

Ronald Kroeger:
I knew that, I knew that any time that -- if you have a line of offense here in the military and a line of defense here, and especially in the Navy, if you've got 16-inch guns shooting ten miles away, you'd better know the damage it's going to be doing and where it's going to be doing it. You can't -- you can't drop an atomic bomb on this spot and kill your own line of defense. You've got to know its capabilities, and yes, I think everyone understood that it was important we know what the capabilities was, the size that needed to be used, the extent of the damage, where to use it; above, in the air, under the water, on the ground. These were all necessary tests, and the YAGS measured the fallout. The objective was to have a radiation-free bomb, and they got it.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This one was apparently super secret, but it was slipped out during a Congressional testimony.

Killeen Base at Fort Hood, Texas Medina Base at Lackland AFB, SanAntonio, TexasLake Mead Base at Nellis AFB, LasVega, NevadaManzano Base at Kirtland AFB,Albuquerque, New MexicoConfirmed as a national stockpile sitefor special weapons, the civilian communi-ty was surprised to learn the Bossier Basewas not an adjunct of Barksdale nor did itreport to Strategic Air Command or evenfall under the direct administration of theAir Force. Subordinated to the ArmedForces Special Weapons Project, BossierBase was a joint services command directlyunder the Department of Defense, but re-porting administratively to theHeadquarters Field Command of AFSWPat Sandia Base, New Mexico.Research has revealed that AFSWP wasestablished in 1947 as an outgrowth of theoriginal Manhattan Project and was renamedthe Defense Atomic Support Agency in1959. It was renamed the Defense NuclearAgency in 1971 and finally the DefenseSpecial Weapons Agency in 1996.

read here

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This one has my eyes open. It seems a little, well, too revealing for just a nobody like me to stumble upon....

SIPRNET (classified) User Account.

1. SIPRNET accounts are available to US Forces upon request. Unit POCs will use the following procedures to complete the prerequisites to obtain SIPRNET accounts for TDY personnel.

a. Follow the NIPRNET steps listed above.
b. Provide Security Manager Verification Letter for each member.
c. Complete 3WG O-32 (Access Request and Verification) for each member. Two separate user access forms must be completed for individuals requiring TBMCS access.
d. Fax required documentation to Det 1, 353 CTS at DSN 317-552-0438. On the cover letter, list your unit name and the exercise in which you are participating. NOTE: All documentation must be received NLT 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival at Elmendorf AFB. Failure to submit required documents may result in a delay in obtaining SIPRNET access.

2. Upon arrival, individuals are required to see Det 1, 353 CTS/IM to obtain a password.

Document here

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This one's interesting. The U.S. Corp of Engineers secret base in Greenland where they dug into the permafrost of the icesheet for a superdeep tunnel.

Greenland snow experiments by SIPRE in 1954 studied temperature, density, hardness, strength and permeability of the snow. This led to snow tunneling and construction work at a top secret base on the ice sheet located 100 miles north of Camp Tuto that became known as Camp Century. This photo shows the heavy lift heading north. Dozers towing equipment averaged less than ten miles per hour.

Perhaps the most valuable experiment was drilling a successful ice core 4550 feet to the bottom of the Greenland Ice Sheet in 1966. The ice core provided accurate environmental measurements dating back tens of thousands of years, realistic estimates of sea level change, and data about ice sheet glaciology. Two earlier attempts failed due to shifting ice snapping the drills.

details and images here

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
This one has my eyes open. It seems a little, well, too revealing for just a nobody like me to stumble upon....

SIPRNET (classified) User Account.

1. SIPRNET accounts are available to US Forces upon request. Unit POCs will use the following procedures to complete the prerequisites to obtain SIPRNET accounts for TDY personnel.

a. Follow the NIPRNET steps listed above.
b. Provide Security Manager Verification Letter for each member.
c. Complete 3WG O-32 (Access Request and Verification) for each member. Two separate user access forms must be completed for individuals requiring TBMCS access.
d. Fax required documentation to Det 1, 353 CTS at DSN 317-552-0438. On the cover letter, list your unit name and the exercise in which you are participating. NOTE: All documentation must be received NLT 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival at Elmendorf AFB. Failure to submit required documents may result in a delay in obtaining SIPRNET access.

2. Upon arrival, individuals are required to see Det 1, 353 CTS/IM to obtain a password.

Document here

Some miscellaneous memo templates it looks like.

Nothing really sensitive about this. Some are a few forms that you fill out when military personnel report to a command to get their NIPR and SIPR accounts set up with the Sys Admins.

Nothing earth shattering.

CX

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Heres the link to the UK secret bases site which is pretty good if thats any good as an indicater of references to keep an eye out for.

Secret bases

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Heres the link to the UK secret bases site which is pretty good if thats any good as an indicater of references to keep an eye out for.

Secret bases

CX.

Apparently they are some really secret bases.

Your link....

"the page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here ya go. Just went in the properties of link and worked backwards. Enjoysecret bases

join