It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Conservative Beliefs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi All,
I'm a conservative independent, with some beliefs about government that are based on my up bringing and life experince. I though I'd share my beliefs with everyone and see what people think:

1. The purpose of a Government is to SERVE the needs of it's people, not to control them.

2. Citizens should control the government, not the other way around.

3. Government stops at the door, If you aren't hurting anyone, it's not the government's place to tell you what to do with your private life.

4. All Elected Offices need a Term Limit!

5. Right to Bare Arms- As long as it's not a bomb, and you aren't shooting at your neighbor for no reason, go ahead.

6. Abortion is wrong, unless it come down to loosing one life or two.

7. Values- I believe in freedom of religion, but basic values like: Honesty, Respect, Loyality, Freedom, Justice, and tolerance of others needs to be taught to everyone.

8. We're all INDIVIDUALS, conformaty is BS. (If I wanted to conform to someone else, I'd Join the Chineese Army)

9. Family should be the center of our culture.

10. Offical Political Parties need to go! Represent your PEOPLE if you want to be an elected official, not a small group that pays for your campaign.

11. the Citizens need a STRONGER voice in government. The government belongs to the citizens of the US, they need to act accordingly!

What do you think?

Tim

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Man,
Are you sure you are "conservative?"
That all sounds really good stuff-I agree with most of that.Maybe thats the true meaning of the word...so muddied it has become.
Maybe I am a conservative too.
Its not at all like being a "neo-conservative,"just like the labour party is not at all like "new labour."

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think I'm on the same page as you!

Great post!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Man,

For the record, the origin of the term "Conservative" comes from the idea of Conserving on, or limiting the scope of Governmental power!

Based on that definition, I would say I'm a conservative. Wouldn't you?

Tim

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I agree with you on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 and 11 completely.

I agree with individuality, but I also believe in getting rid of
differences, we're humans, not black or chinese or american
or white, but we are all individuals.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Man,

For the record, the origin of the term "Conservative" comes from the idea of Conserving on, or limiting the scope of Governmental power!

Based on that definition, I would say I'm a conservative. Wouldn't you?

Tim

For sure,
I wish more of the political parties who call themselves conservative abided by the real definition of the word.
I see little limiting of governmental powers by those who use the word conservative to describe their party recently.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I agree with individuality, but I also believe in getting rid of
differences, we're humans, not blkack or chinese or american
or white, but we are all individuals.

I meant individuality in the sense of being able to find your own happiness in life. Iagree with you that we don't neeed a bunch of mini-groups with steriotypes and stuff.

Tim

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ghost01 are sure that those are Conservative beliefs ?
I agree with point numbers 1, 2,3,7,8 and to a lesser degree point 9.
Note there is a differnt political system in NZ some some of the points of view dont really apply or arent relevant.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Ghost01 are sure that those are Conservative beliefs ?

Generally, they are conservative beliefs. There are a range of things that are considered conservative in the US. For example, the one on stronger family falls under conservative, because I focus on "Traditional" family.

Tim

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Ghost01 this thread seems to show that some people have some conservative beliefs without being a conservative as such in other words the american political spectrum isnt as black and white as some people make it out to be.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
. . . the american political spectrum isnt as black and white as some people make it out to be.

How right you are! Politics is a very complex topic with many facits to it. Often people like to think that it's as clear cut as the polititans make it out to be.

Tim

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The termanology has been twisted to encompass Political Conservatives, Social Conservatives and Religious Conservatives AS IF they all follow the same ideology and that is simply not true!.

This mid term election actually was driven by Political Conservatives in both parties attempting to regain
control from Social and Religious Conservatives.

If we protect the Constitution, we insure our freedom to make a well informed personal decision.

What we were fighting was the misguided ideology of those who wish to alter the Constitution,
hoping to force their personal beliefs on others.

If you can not see the importance of keeping the Constitution secure "as written", then in reality,
one could say you are being quite liberal with freedom itself.

The system is still deeply corrupt due to meaningless funding oversight.
We need to change the manner in which our laws are decided.

One Issue, One Vote, One Answer.

The current system forces us to take the bad with any good.

If these new leaders act to change things for the better, this would be a most effective way
to change our course.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
If we protect the Constitution, we insure our freedom to make a well informed personal decision.

If you can not see the importance of keeping the Constitution secure "as written", then in reality, one could say you are being quite liberal with freedom itself.

These are two of the best statements I have seen posted on this topic. Our constitution here in thje US does a very good job of meeting the needs of it's people, and has done so for around 200 years (keep in mind that before the constitution was the Articles of Confederation).

The problem I see in the US now is NOT with the Constitution or how it's written. Our Problem is People who want to ADD stuff that was never there. If they would lay off and let the Constitution do it's job, we all be fine!

Tim

top topics

join