It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Scratch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
About 10 years ago, while working a security job, I was heading into to work the "graveyard shift" (12AM-8AM).

It was just before midnight, and I remember it was pouring rain, and lightening all over. During one particularly long flash of lightening, something caught the corner of my eye off the side of the road, if only for a brief moment.

What I saw, or at least thought I saw was a very tall man, maybe seven feet tall, thin, but not skinny, with a muscular build in his shoulders. He wore a long, weather-beaten brown leather duster, and had his hands folded together near his waist. He had a long (just past his shoulders), mostly black hair. He sported a long, frazzled, thick pointy-beard, down to just above his waist. His eyes were deep-set, and could only see a darkened area around the eyes, not the eyes themselves. He also wore a large, flat-brimmed hat, similar to the style that Clint Eastwood wore in his old Westerns. The guy (or what I thought was a guy) was just standing there, out in the middle of the pouring rain, just looking straight ahead.

It really freaked me out. The one thing that came to mind was that it was "Old Scratch" (El Diablo).

Has anyone else had a similar sighting/encounter?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
there could be many explinations of the sighting. Did anything else happen around that
time?

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

One morning in September I was going to work ( about 5:30 am), I live in a rural
area so small wildlife is not uncommon. Larger animals however are rare. As I came around the last long curve before getting to the Hwy. there was a herd of 8 -12 antelope
across the road. I hit one of them, breaking my headlight and denting the drivers door.
And I thought killing the animal. When I got to work I called my wife and asked her
to add add a prayerfor and apology to the animal to her prayers, which she did.

4 hours later she got a call from her Father telling her that her Mother had passed the previous night. Ok sofar all can be written off as coincidence right? except.
None of the people that I have talked to in the area can ever remember there being antelope in that area. Since that day I have never again seen 1 antelope let alone 8 - 12 all at one time. Strangest of all is when I returned home that afternoon there was no sign or indication that the animal was ever there. No blood, No Body, No broken glass, nothing, zip,zilch,nada,bupkis. Nothing but the damage to my vehicle
to indicate that an animal had ever been hit, or that the animals were ever there.

join