It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian soldiers pass through moderanization (Pictures)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Gosh, I really hope none of you are dreaming of an Iranian victory in such a US-Iran conflict. Does Iranian defense budget even make up 10% of that of US? Try 1 %. Not to mention that Iran has US military as next door neighbour to her left, right, top and bottom(the carrier battle groups).

And you think peace can be as easily achieved as writing it on a forum? Before you go onto a rampage on how US is trying to destroy world peace, give a serious thought about whether the civilized world(which you are a part of, i hope) can afford to let the Iranian regime possess nuclear capability. A regime which women are stoned for been raped and children's hand crushed for stealing. A regime which blatantly denies holocaust. We will probably end up with an islamic new world order, but not before all the chaos it made which will make world war 2 looks like a child's play. Imagine third reich, but mulitply it by ten times and remember to add in nukes. How many times more human life will be lost?

Put it simple, we are trying to keep the stakes as low as possible. Get over it with Iran as soon as possible, military or diplomatic(if there's anymore use for it).

Don't have me mistaken. Of course I don't like war and I don't wan to be in one. But what choices are we been given right now?

[edit on 12-11-2006 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
War or victory with Iran, Iraq or any other nation is not contingent anymore on military prowess and abilitys. It is contingent on the body politic and thier shills the news media. By the news media I mean world news media.
The first group you have to go to war against is the media. They often shill for the body politic whose main purpose is to maintain power..not to conclude any victory militarily. Unless of course it helps them maintain power. YOu people need to be smarter than this.

The clear history is that the body politic and the media are such wimps today.. they actually practice a religion that says the war should be fought in a manner to grant them victory in time for election results/polls or in the case of the media ..in time to get their sound bite on the evening news so that they can shill for thier favorite politicians.

It is this type of nonsense with which the public is contending....far more powerful and influential than any military victory we would ever achieve.

These two groups ..the body politic and the news media are in a position to "hijack" any military accomplishment for thier purposes...and they do precisely that. This is why I say you people need to be smarter than this.

You can rest assured that any war with Islam will have already factored this in as they are already in our school systems teaching islamic studys ..right down to the grade school levels. This cannot be done without the consent of the body politic. This meaning ..the buying up of our politicians. IF they have bought out many of our most influential politicians they have already bought out our news media...who shill for the body politic.

Many of you like to think of yourselves as military strategists...think this through as a strategy.

War ...a continuation of state policy(politics) by other means..

As I recall this guys name was Carl Von Clausewitz.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well Well Well I have to say reading this thread makes me sad, it feels a bit like the militant feelings during the build up of ww1. The only thing a war with Iran would do is to make Isreal the strongest power in the Middle East while everyone else would hate them even more along with the US. The War with Iran could destroy relations with Russia and could give ammo for Russia regaining its satilites. The US economy wont be able to handle a long drawn out conflict with Iran and lord knows who else, along with enstating a draft upon the American people. The is nothing to gain from doing what Isreal wants the US to do, only death, debt and destruction spilling of needless blood. Being Gung-ho is ok but when you wish death to people just because they disagree with you or what the media tell you they are evil is juvinile. The world wont hail the US as a great savor if Bush gets his or who ever is controlling him, the US will be a demon akin to USSR and Nazi Germany while China will be hailed as the anti-US. Trust me leaving Iran alone would be the best thing while trying to get a dipolmantic agreement or letting ONLY Isreal to deal with it alone since they are the only ones worried about Iran having nuclear weapons.

The sun is setting on the US just some people dont or wont realize it.

As it was veterans day, of which I am, a few days ago lets hope no more blood has to be spilt needlessly and families that have to morn their lost loved ones.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
A regime which women are stoned for been raped and children's hand crushed for stealing. A regime which blatantly denies holocaust. We will probably end up with an islamic new world order, but not before all the chaos it made which will make world war 2 looks like a child's play. Imagine third reich, but mulitply it by ten times and remember to add in nukes. How many times more human life will be lost?

[edit on 12-11-2006 by NotheRaGe]

Lets offer up some corrections, shall we? The two examples you cite for Islamic law actually happened (and happen regulary) in Saudi, not Iran. Iran actually has womens rights etc etc. If it does happen in iran, it is usually in some backwater, hick country where they still haven't been brought into this century.

In Saudi, it is actually encouraged by the state. Saudi is notorious for not allowing it's women to do anything. They even have women only shopping centres, in case they should encounter men. Women cannot drive, they cannot get jobs, they can barely get an education.

The funny thing is, Saudi is a key US ally, whilst Iran is not.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
One. The Russian military could not police, nor dominate any satellite states, the vast majority of whom are enjoying and expressing their freedom even when not economically, socially, or politically stable. It was not the shattering of a country, but the rebellion of its states.

Two. Because the U.S. economy is capitalist, most military conflicts can be sustained relatively indefinately.

Three. There will be no draft. Please review the United States policy and ability to go through the process required to instate such a thing.

The world itself has an issue with an Iranian nuclear power, we are not following the whims of Israel, whom we militarily back. Please recall that serious conflict in the Middle-East would have a tremendous impact on the United States economically, and politically.

Four. No one is controlling Bush. To think so is juvenile.

Five. Don't begin to spout nonsense, such as your China reference.

Six. Again, describing Israel as the sole antagonist of this conflict is ignorant.

Seven. Miscellaneous notice; Do not enter themed threads about 'Who Would Win' warfare, and become a martyr against war. It's elitist, and arrogant, considering that anyone in these threads is either attracted to, or curious of the idea.

Lastly, while the 'Punished for rape' notice is a bit exaggerated -- That is Afghanistan and Pakistan -- The crushing of child's hands, and derogatory remark about woman's rights in Saudi Arabia are untrue. 25% of the state budget goes to 24,749 schools, and twelve large universities, with lesser-known collegiate-level academies, available to any citizen.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Iblis]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ignoring the rest of your rather condescending post, I felt you need educating:

Lastly, while the 'Punished for rape' notice is a bit exaggerated -- That is Afghanistan and Pakistan -- The crushing of child's hands, and derogatory remark about woman's rights in Saudi Arabia are untrue. 25% of the state budget goes to 24,749 schools, and twelve large universities, with lesser-known collegiate-level academies, available to any citizen.

Whlst they might well do that in Afghanistan and Pakistan, they do it in Saudi as well. Just google "saudi women punished rape" and you will find the latest example of how a woman who was gang raped received 90 lashes!. There is also a thread on ATS about it. Look it up.

Womens rights in Saudi? Don't make me laugh. They're second class citizens and you know it.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Ignoring the rest of your rather condescending post, I felt you need educating:..............

if you are attempting to " educate " why do you insist on repeating lies which have been refuted in other threads ?

Whlst they might well do that in Afghanistan and Pakistan, they do it in Saudi as well. Just google "saudi women punished rape" and you will find the latest example of how a woman who was gang raped received 90 lashes!. There is also a thread on ATS about it. Look it up.

please stop lying , she did not recieve the punishment for " getting raped " , she was convicted for being in the company of a man ` not her husband or immediate family ` , this gentleman was kidanaped with the woman before the rape , but released later .

if the gentleman had been her husband or kinsman - both would likley have been kidnaped , and she would have been raped regardless

but she would not have got the 90 lashes

why is this simple logiic too hard for certain people to understand .

the truth of the story does support your contention that " saudi women are second class citizens " why did you not just leave it at that ?

the idea that a woman in the 21st century could get 90 lashes for sharing a taxi ride with a man is perverse IMHO

if you are going to attempt to " educate " please do it from a factual position - not the refuted canards you are attempting to pollute yet another thread with .

thankyou .

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Not sure what your on about there dude. I just read about in on yahoo.news. To be honest, didn't delve into it that deeply.

So it was a lie then? She didn't get the lashes? What did she get then?

EDIT: Ahh, i see you squirming on a technicality. Instead of being punished for being raped, she was punished for the far more serious crime of being with another man who wasn't family. Never mind the rape, she got the lashes for being with the raper! Nice....

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced the victim of a gang rape to 90 lashes of the whip because she was alone in a car with a man other than her husband.

The Jerusalem Post reports the high-profile and controversial trial ended with the convicted rapists sentenced to punishments ranging from one thousand lashes to as little as 80 — 10 fewer than the victim — along with prison terms of between one and five years. The woman's family says it will appeal what it considers inadequate sentences for the rapists.

[edit on 15/11/06 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Anyway..going WAYYYYY off topic here.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nice pics iqonx.

Especially liked the mini RPG. It's so sexy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Especially liked the mini RPG. It's so sexy.

Did you know the Iranians also have tandem warhead RPG's which they can fire from those mini RPG launchers against vehicles coated with ERA or ceraminc armor in urban area's in street to street fighting.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
for crying out loud , i wish idiots would learn to read

Originally posted by stumason

So it was a lie then? She didn't get the lashes? What did she get then?

yes , she got 90 lashes ..... who said she did not

you lied about why she got them

EDIT: Ahh, i see you squirming on a technicality.

no , i am attempting to beat the facts of the case into you .

Instead of being punished for being raped, she was punished for the far more serious crime of being with another man who wasn't family. Never mind the rape, she got the lashes for being with the raper! Nice....

NO NO NO !

FOR THE LAST TIME ........... read the bloody article properly

the "man in the car" was not her rapist , the man in the car was kidnaped with the woman

is it sinking in yet ??? it is pretty bloody obvious if you read it

A male friend of the rape victim was also sentenced to 90 lashes for being alone with her in the car.

see the "man she was with ", was punished for an identical offence .

i was unaware that males got punished for " improper liasons " too , so at least i have learned something from this , have you ???

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Back on topic or the thread will be closed.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
iranian conventional forces would last mere weeks. the situation in iran would mirror that of iraq currently. once conventional forces are wiped out (easily) iran would become a vacuum for terrorists as a front line to kill americans just like in iraq. you can also bet that there are people there right now on the ground and have been there for some time now just not conventionally.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
you are right rapture, it is sad, sad, sad.

Unfortunately you are wrong. Your hands off foreign policy is the same policy that got the UK and America involved in WW2.

I too do not want to go to war however we can't afford to trust a Government such as Iran once they have the nuke.

Something has to be done, Iran will either exploit or destroy with them, they are the ticking bomb not the US.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join