It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian soldiers pass through moderanization (Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The US is slowly making an example of itself.. Another illegal war (if survived) will result in a growing discontent internally and a plunge into chaos.

People are waking up to this corporatism sweeping the nation..

And lets face it Corportism = Fascism

Ever wonder why you share the symbolism of the eagle?

Enlighten yourself

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So, the mighty American Bald Eagle is readying itself for yet another expansive move in the Middle East. Perhaps this is what was meant by the phrase 'roadmap to peace'!

As a former military person with several years experience of working against the Araba - to put it nicely, I sincerely hope that when you Americans talk about 'our allies', you are discounting the United Kingdom, from any and all invasion plans.

We have done more than our fair share to support you in your war on terror, but from where I sit, opening up a second front in Iran, will only pull all Muslim countries together and you cannot defeat them all - without nuclear weapons.

We [the UK] will not stand idly by and support any invasion of Iran. No Sir, NOT AGAIN!

A certain phrase springs to mind:

'The only way to capture the worms, once the can is open, is to use a bigger can!'

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Fritz - "We have done more than our fair share to support you in your war on terror, but from where I sit, opening up a second front in Iran, will only pull all Muslim countries together and you cannot defeat them all - without nuclear weapons."

It will pull all Muslim countires together? What about Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Turkey, and Indonesia surely these countries don't want to see Iran with a nuke any more than we do. The US is handling the war the right way, we aren't making it a Muslim vs. Christian war. The Muslim world is split over Iran having a nuke particularly Saudi Arabia.

Fritz, sometimes problems have to get worse before they get better. If we do nothing will the problem fix itself, of course not, that is why we must proceed forward.

If the UK doesn't want to be part of the US' Allies this time around it is no worry to me, personally I think there will be enough arab/muslim countries in the region to make it apparant that it's not just a US posture.

Documentally, if you have things so figured out how would you handle the situation? Are you learning to speak Russian or Chinese right now to prep for your solution?lol

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
okay so(in chronological order)
Iran can run through the desert toting m-16's
climb into helicopters
drive artillery armed jeeps (pretty cool i gotta say)

pretty cool. I think the US could lose it, I mean Iran is pretty strong but if youre gunna boast military might do it with the cool crap that Iran has, not guys running through the desert with m-16's cuz our guys do that all day.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Mehran or anybody else do you have pictures of the new Iranian .50BMG anti-material rifles that where tested during the war games?

The Iranians tested long range rifle scopes and rifle combo's during the war games.

The armour-piercing weapons tested Saturday include a rifle equipped with special sights that can identify an enemy seven kilometres (four miles) away and can penetrate a target wearing a bullet-resistant vest from a distance of three kilometres (one-and-a-half miles).

Link

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Documentally, if you have things so figured out how would you handle the situation? Are you learning to speak Russian or Chinese right now to prep for your solution?lol

I have a rudimentary grasp of a few languages thankyou. Picked up during 10 years of travel through over 50 countries...

What are you planning? Hit it with a hammer till it works again?

I would recommend travel to the 95% of americans that don't have a passport. It broadens the mind and gives you a whole new perspective on the world.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Mehran or anybody else do you have pictures of the new Iranian .50BMG anti-material rifles that where tested during the war games?

Its the Steyr .50 HS sniper rifle Link

Here is a video of their recent military exercise

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You have voted semperfoo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Hilarious

Mehrandusaghfud or whatever the hell your name is..you honestly think that weak show of force is going to scare us?

Oh noooo..some guys marching across a desert, guys getting in a helicopter, and guys sitting in a jeep..NOOOOO!!!..we're doomed

give me a break dude

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I'm not one to root for either side in a conflict, but I gotta say, the Iranians can handle rubber boats

What about rubber boats with Navy Seals in them?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hmmmm there's something about soldiers with beards... I just can't take em seriously... - Seriously, The US will hammer them, but they will be effed up by the insurgents just like in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Let's not forget these..

And I guess if we get too sick of you..

well..

Source: Google Images

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Im tired of this. We're not going to wage war in the same way we did with iraq against iran. I cant believe the posts ive read. It turns me off from ATS - (because of those who have posted so far). We wont have the same war with iran if we go to war with them.. Its not ROCKET SCIENCE!!! Different playground if we go to war with them.. I'm ashamed in responding at all to what ive read so far. Someone with more time and there head on straight please set these posters back on the playing field. If we where to attack Iran it would be either nuclear (god forbid) or massive bombardment of *known military targests.. We're not going to try and enter into Iran by foot.. Im amazed anybody even believes we'd do that.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lets get ready to rumble.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i am iranian, and with past experience, Iran does have a pretty advanced military its not like the indegenous forces in iraq that just point and shoot like madmen. Iran actually takes aim. so if the US would attack Iran it would be a fair fight. Iran is probably more advanced in military than the whole mid-east.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
iran would not be a fair fight we would wipe the floor with them 1 on 1 military vs military. where they would pull up the extra strength is 1 they have the stomach for war 2 they fight like they have something to lose and 3 they have people here that cant kill us from the inside out.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hi Chinawhite,

Any idea what SAM's the Iranians were firing in that video you posted?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Uh.. instead of fighting each other why don't we get ready to fight the aliens before they land and take over?

Besides if anybody here thinks that Iran is going to be like Egypt or Lebanon or even Iraq then are fooling themselves. This will be a real battle if it gets going and it isn't going to be fun.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This will be a real battle if it gets going and it isn't going to be fun.

i agree and u have to ask yourself r we as americans ready.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne Sending helicopters into Iran would be like releasing a fly into a terrarium filled with chameleons - that country is madly in love with surface-to-air missle technology.
I think Iranian SAM defences are pretty average, certainly not outstanding. Not much different from Iraq's - some good low alt systems (SA-15 is 2006 equiv to Iraq's Rolands in 1991) and normal MANPAD systems. Compared to Saudi or Egypt, iran's air defences are frankly puny and patchy.

But then again, the pics that started this thread are somewhat unimpressive. Whoever commented about the M16 hardly being an improvement over the G3/AKs already widely deployed was right on the money. However Iran has its own indiginous assault rifle with bullpup config which looks pretty good.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
Any idea what SAM's the Iranians were firing in that video you posted?

Im not sure but they seem to lack radar so it suggest its IR guided. It might be a chinese QW-1/2 series missiles or the russian SA-16.

Here are pictures of some possible chinese MANPAD missiles LInk which iran could have purchased

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join