It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Big Business on CNBC at midnight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This came on earlier tonight and it is a great show about how much we are being watched. It's covers a wide variety of subjects that many have speculated and wondered about here.

Did you know Google has kept every search ever done by anyone? Did you know you can possibly be identified by your printer? It imprints a code on the back of each page you print, identifying the serial number of the printer. There are also some sort of code on the digital pics, that can identify the camera that took it and possible who owns it, sorry not sure how to explain it.

The show comes on again at midnight. I will try and see if it comes on again and post but so far I can't find out if it comes on again. Let me know if you watch it, it's a great show.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Did you know you can possibly be identified by your printer? It imprints a code on the back of each page you print, identifying the serial number of the printer.

Interesting. Did the program mention how the code was imprinted, like similar to a watermark? I just held a printed page up to a light and can't find a thing.

The show comes on again at midnight. I will try and see if it comes on again and post but so far I can't find out if it comes on again. Let me know if you watch it, it's a great show.

I set up my satellite to record the program. It sure looks interesting.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads-upon this program. I'll record it and watch later.

As for the question by SourGrapes regarding "hidden" printer codes,
www.pcworld.com...

goose

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks great link, explains it better than I ever could.

The guy who cracked the code said that several of the printers have a more advanced code he is still working on decoding. Hewlet Packard is one that he has not cracked yet.

According to the report the FBI asked for these codes to be on there so that they can track counterfeiters. If they went to that much trouble surely they are not going to depend on whether one decides to register their printer or not to use the technology, which is how the report implies they track your printer, I'm thinking they have some sort of RFID chip in them as well so that they can find the exact location of the printer if they need to.

Wonder what else they have asked to be put in our everyday items to track us or surveil us?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by goose]

top topics

join