It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost moon tapes found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It says that these moon tapes were almost thrown away.It also states these tapes prove we did indeed land on the moon.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by crowpruitt]link

[edit on 5-11-2006 by crowpruitt]

[edit on 5-11-2006 by crowpruitt]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just a cursory read of the article, but I think these tapes arnt the 'lost tapes' that I thought they were. It appears that they are recordings of data taken in Australia.
I am more curious as to the where-abouts of the some 700 boxes of original footage that was somehow misplaced. Lost Footage

It is inconceivable that high quality footage of possibly the most monumental journey in the history of mankind was lost. Its absolutely absurd (IMO) to think this footage was 'accidently' lost by a bunch of (supposedly) super smart rocket scientist working in a place where I am certain there are extreme mesures in place to ensure that nobody walks out with classified information. How did 700 boxes of hi def footage get out of the building without a clue as to who or where or why? Unless they were tiny tiny boxes it would have taken more then one trip to spirit them away, and yet nobody saw a thing. Nobody knows where they are.....
They still have footage of Leave it to Beaver for Gods sake.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
good point 11Bravo.Do you think the tapes were meant to be lost?It seems that the footage of one of the greatest achievements in history would be well protected.Very strage indeed.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
good point 11Bravo.Do you think the tapes were meant to be lost?

I do most certainly think that. Common sense tells me that the footage would have been very valuable and dont you keep track of your valuables?
Like I said, Im sure there are measures and protocols in place to keep anything and everything that NASA has safe and secure.
I believe the footage was intentionally lost because they would have proved conclusivly whether or not we went to the moon, or whether it was all done on a movie set. Hi-def footage released in this day and age would have been scrutinized the way every angle of 911 has been, and under such scrutiny official lies fall apart.
"They" cant have their lies scrutinized, and so the easiest solution is just to 'lose' the hi-def footage.
To me it is illogical to think 700 boxes were simply lost from one of the most secure installations in the world.
The losing of this footage was the nail in the coffin that convinced me that the moon landing was indeed a hoax.
Thats my belief, now lets not turn this into a 'we did to go to the moon' thread. If I wanted that input I would be on the 'we DID go to the moon thread'.

jra

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Common sense tells me that the footage would have been very valuable and dont you keep track of your valuables?

Many things can get lost or misplaced. We're only human. NASA nor anyone else is immune from making mistakes.

I believe the footage was intentionally lost because they would have proved conclusivly whether or not we went to the moon, or whether it was all done on a movie set. Hi-def footage released in this day and age would have been scrutinized the way every angle of 911 has been, and under such scrutiny official lies fall apart.
"They" cant have their lies scrutinized, and so the easiest solution is just to 'lose' the hi-def footage.

How exactly would these tapes help prove we went to the Moon or not? Please explain that to me. Because there are copies of everything on those tapes. The only thing we don't have is the "higher quality" picture. And note that the higher quality picture is NOT hi-def. In fact it's not very good quality period. It's not even as good as the average TV today. The Apollo 11 SSTV tapes have 320 lines of resolution and it runs at 10 fps (frames per second). The average TV today has a resolution of about 525 lines and runs at 30 fps. HDTV has a res of 1080 lines and runs at 30 fps.

So don't fool yourself into thinking these Apollo 11 tapes will have amazing picture quality. And don't forget that there were 6 other missions to the Moon after Apollo 11. They used different cameras, they were also in colour. The camera on Apollo 12 - 14 had 262 lines per frame and ran at 20 fps. Apollo 15 - 17 used a different colour camera although I can't find the information about it at the moment. All I know is that it has at least 200 lines per frame and probably a similar frame rate.

And there was also the 16mm DAC (Data Acquisition Camera) that was used on all the missions. It could run and various speeds from 1 fps, 6 fps, 12 fps, and 24 fps. Also you have the still photos that were photographed on 70mm film. The quality from these is way better than what you'd get from the black & white TV camera on Apollo 11.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by jra]

top topics

join