It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Radiation cause a Furred Tongue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Does exposure to manmade radiation cause the following symptoms:
1) furred tongue.
2) inability to concentrate.
3) lack of energy.
4) extreme depression.

I was an A- graduate student at the University of Chicago in 1995, near graduation, when suddenly I developed these symptoms. I was formerly very healthy. I saw many doctors and was never diagnosed with a disease. My health has partly recovered, but I have never been able to return to school to finish a graduate degree.

Excluding paranoia, would anybody suggest foul play by the USA government with myself (and many others) being part of a technological human experiment?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know anything about radiation but the symptoms that you mention could all be related to an overgrowth of yeast in your system. Eating plain yogurt, eliminating sugar may help. You may want to ask a physician to be sure. Often the yeast being eliminated from your system makes you feel worse before you feel better as it can overload your system when it initially dies off. Did you have an illness that required a strong course of antibiotics or eat a lot of sugar at one point? This allows the yeast to establish itself in your digestive system and prevents normal absorption of nutrients.
Sometimes an anti fungal pill will help if the yeast is not responsive to sugar elimination.
Beer and alcohol will also feed the yeast due to the high carbs in them so cutting out those may help if you indulge regularly. Even a lot of bread (yeast & carbs) will feed the yeast infection.

I could be totally wrong but it is worth a suggestion anyway.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Sparkie the Wondersnail]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The 20 doctors I saw in 1995 did not say anything about yeast. My diet was and is basically nutritional according to the best health standards. Unless, yeast can multiply extremely rapidly I cannot see how they could have caused my sudden illness with the symptoms I listed in my post.

Thank you for your comments, though.

By the way, I have made a partial recovery.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Let us know how it goes, GreatTech. Very few physicians are knowledgeable about nutrition, due to lack of nutrition course options in medical school (undue influence of pharmaceutical companies with medical school curriculum development). Plus in these HMO-driven times, doctors are rushed off their feet with too much to do, so if you don't insist on asking about possible nutrition-related causes, it might not get brought up in the conversation otherwise.

My favorite book on nutrition is "Eat right for your type" by Peter J. D'Adamo, a naturopathic physician. Research actually shows that health is improved by moving closer to a diet that is better suited to your blood type. That data is why his book was on the NYTimes bestseller list for over 2 years. If you don't know your blood type, D'Adamo's website has a link for a place where you can order an at-home blood typing kit for around $8.00. The site is:

www.dadamo.com...

Oh, also try brushing your tongue once per day, after finishing brushing your teeth. That is recommended by ayurevedic (sp?) authorities.

[edit on 11/4/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Uphill, thank you for your comments.

Do any conspiracy theorists want to link a human's furred tongue, inability to concentrate, lack of energy, and extreme depression with an overdose of radiation used on any particular individual by a wayward government from man-made technology? Please use reality and truth, not paranoia.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Symptoms of radiation poisoning are:

Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea
Skin burns (redness, blistering)
Weakness, fatigue, exhaustion, fainting
Dehydration
Inflammation of exposed areas (redness, tenderness, swelling, bleeding)
Hair loss
Ulceration of the oral mucosa
Ulceration of the esophagus, stomach or intestines
Vomiting blood
Bloody stool
Bleeding from the nose, mouth, gums, and rectum
Bruising
Sloughing of skin
Open sores on the skin
health.allrefer.com...

More here:
news.bbc.co.uk...