It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dunno, what do you guys think ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok , let’s just say for a minute that UFOS are created by otherworldly beings and not by our government.
What would theses beings look like? I am open to the theory that if extraterrestrials are real, there are more than one species of such. And that they aren’t all 5 ft. gray things with bug eyes and three, spindly webbed fingers.
My b/f and I were talking about this earlier today and he pointed out something others have apparently missed, including myself…
If all aliens looked like that, how could it be possible for them to create something as immense as a space craft w/o the use of a thumb? It’s nearly impossible to do anything w/o the thumb, to just pick up something even, and if you can‘t do that, that certainly rules out building an object that can travel through the masses of space and time, or to build anything TO build these crafts.. This is one of the few qualities separating us from the apes that we have the ability to use the joints in our thumbs, and unless there is some alien species out there that is essentially identical to humans, how could there be such a thing as a spaceship?? Just wondered if anyone else has ever thought about this and/or if any of you agree.
Thanx!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree totally that our thumbs are neccessary to us and surely serve their purpose.
But what if the 3 fingered hands have fingers that can squeeze sideways with as much force as we squeeze against our thumbs?
Wouldn't the 3 fingered hand be as useful? I think it would.
There are many different options since we really don't have a solid idea of how they really look. Or work...
Maybe they really don't have just 3 fingers, maybe they have a thumb!

Ya never know....

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why dont you ask them for youself....

Welcome to the stream...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AA

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Suppose their three fingers were left-thumb middle-finger right-thumb?

I.e. both their outer fingers could be rotated and grip with substantial strength?

You are assuming too much from human biology.

Wouldn't it be cool if your pinky had the same strength as your thumb?

top topics

join