It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC survey in Loch Ness is a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

BBC has for decades had a unimpeachable good reputation, but now they are going down. BBC are consciously lying about their examination in Loch Ness, which is said to show there are no unknown animals in the lake. Kongsberg Simrad, who conducted the examination, has reacted to this and allowed GUST to publish their special report on the case.

The news struck like a bomb in media and among the public and the essence of the expose by British BBC was the following:

"Using 600 separate sonar beams and satellite navigation technology to ensure that none of the loch was missed, the team surveyed the waters said to hide Scotland's legendary tourist attraction but found no trace of the monster".

BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) was celebrated as heroes by critics and skeptics, hundreds of pages about their examination of Loch Ness was posted on the Internet and are still there and in a TV documentary they have uncontradicted been able to continue to deceive their audience.

Wait a minute - deceive their audience? That�s right, GUST can now reveal that BBC consciously has deceived the whole world with their claim that they combed the entire Loch Ness.

Full Story

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't know, I read the article, and it seems to be very....desperate.
Basically, 80% of the article is about how the satellite supposedly used can't see very far into the water. Ok,cool.
But the fact still remains that the boats with the sonar, the strongest piece of evidence, turned up nothing.
Conclusive? No, it's still possible that something large could be living in there. Still possible that several large creatures (which is how many you'd need to survive) are living in there? I guess. But the arguement presented in the article seems really to be reaching for any techincal detail, while the weight of evidence is clearly against them in this case, no matter how you slice it.
Unless the creatures (and I do say creatures because there would have to be more than one) deliberately were ALL hiding from this sonar scan that day and had ALL buried themselves in the mud on the bottom of the lake (as the article suggests), then it doesn't look good for Nessie fans.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by SevenZeroOne]

join