It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking It Slow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi guys

Well, I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to 'take things slow'

What exactly does 'taking it slow' mean, and how does one go about......'taking it slow'

I know what you are thinking......that I have just been dumped, perhaps?....., and I can fully understand that......but no, this is not the case.

I made a mistake in the relationship.....and now he wants to 'take it slow'.....

But I am (to be honest with you) having trouble with this 'slow' business......I am not 'liking' it......one bit actually......

I need to know all the things I can do in order to 'take it slow'......I have already asked him how one 'takes things slow'.....but I didnt get an answer, in fact, it probably is a hard question at the best of times.......so

Does anybody have any ideas?.......I would much appreciate it.....

I need to know everything I can about this 'slow' business, so that I can be successful at it ......

thanx

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Were you a "cling-on"?

If you know what I mean.

I always hated the clingy type..

Always have to be together, always want to know where I am, what I am doing..
Calling constantly.
etc..etc..

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how slow is too fast?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Lol....Spaces, yes, I dont like those types either.....

This is what happened....

I ended it with him, and then I changed my mind....big time.....

I made a mistake.....I was wrong....I hurt his feelings......and now he wants to take it slow......

thats what happened .....

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ahh yes, "taking it slow" been there done that.... and you know what..

IT WORKS....

Met my wife almost 9 years ago, we were just married this past March. How's that for taking it slow?

We met after both of us going through a divorce. Neither divorce was "ugly", just needed to go our separate ways.

We met online, just chatting amongst a group of friends for about 2 months.
Then we decided to spend more time talking to one another, in private, this took place for about a month. Then the phone calls started, at first 5-10 minutes a day, after a couple of weeks, 2-3-4 hours a day/night.

After a month of phone calls, we decided to meet. Once we met, 4 days passed, then I asked if I could see her again and I visited her. We were together on weekends only at first, for about a month or so, then it was weekends and 2 other days a week for about 3 months. We couldn't stand it, so I moved here to be with her, we decided to help save money, I could live with her and split the expenses.

Even though we lived together as a copule, we were still taking it slow. She still spent time with girlfriends, her bowling league and a lot of family time, things that I didn't attend. I had my new job, so work took a lot of my time, but I made new friends and would do my thing.

We did this for about a year, then we both noticed the "change", feelings were growing, it was happening. We still chose not to rush into anything more than what we already had. We were basically living as "Husband and Wife", but made sure that we just didn't give ourselves to each other completely. We wanted to learn about each other, but slowly. We were together over 5 years before ever even bringing up Marriage. I finally decided this was it, I love her more today than at any time during our relationship and she is the one for me. So here we are, married 8 months, been together almost 9 years and more in love than ever.

I hope my story has helped show a couple of ways to "take it slow". Just hang in there, don't rush, don't be pushy and wait. It's all you can do. I know from past experience, if you push, they'll run.

Good luck and god bless.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HE whats to take it slow!?! I wouldn't think that's a good sign.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
HE whats to take it slow!?! I wouldn't think that's a good sign.

Perhaps he isn't the sort of guy that likes to be pressured or rush into things?

Some men are more slow and centered and cautious, and they need time to talk and think and ask questions... but that does not mean that they are any less loving....

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanx guys......

Jonnas........thanx for the vote of confidence.... LoL

Elevates.....thanx for your story.......and ...Mills.....yes, he IS the type that doesnt rush into things....

Its not easy this 'slow' thing.....Im all for rushing into things,.....sometimes relationships force you to look at the way you do things, and force you to change....Its not easy.....its very hard....

Plus we have a 'language' barrier, both living in a country where we dont speak the language, and dont speak each others language very well either

I'll just try 'slow' then, .....and see what happens

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua

I'll just try 'slow' then, .....and see what happens

Sounds good hun!

Coffee some evening?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanx Mills

and Yeah, coffee sounds great......

The cafe down the road.....tomorrow morning, about 10am, Humen, China.....LoL, but I will understand if you cant make it !!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanx Mills

and Yeah, coffee sounds great......

The cafe down the road.....tomorrow morning, about 10am, Humen, China.....LoL, but I will understand if you cant make it !!!

ROFL!

10am? What a silly time to get together! Most people would be at work at that time....

Now, if you were to make it an evening, or weekend.... well then you would have a deal hun!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
LoL

Yes, I agree.......a silly time......However, these Chinese are not like 'most people' and dont appear to get started before about 11am....

However, I will be in HongKong on the weekend, if you are in the area.....LoL

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

LoL

Yes, I agree.......a silly time......However, these Chinese are not like 'most people' and dont appear to get started before about 11am....

However, I will be in HongKong on the weekend, if you are in the area.....LoL

Hey, don't be difficult, now!

top topics

join