It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April's Children????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From the Indigo Children article:

April Children

As the Indigo movement began in the early '80s, a related phenomenon called April Children was being reported in Greece. Greek journalist Kostas Hardavelas announced that the University of Athens showed some unusual interest in children specifically born during April 1983. The university is said to have sought them in schools and performed interviews and surveys without further information or notification to the public. Hardavelas produced a documentary about the interviewees, promoting the view that these children had high IQ, mental abilities, peculiar dreams and spiritual experiences. In the absence of specific data about the key players and their aims within the University, the documentary posits the theory that connects the apparent anomaly to some cosmic event (planetary alignment or excessive solar activity).

Speculation about the children born during April 1983 is based on information from a book and articles written by Greek science-fiction and conspiracy theory author Ioannis Fourakis. Fourakis believes that the April Children have a mark on their skin, and that they will play some important role in the future in accordance with his theories of Ellinokentrismos

I tried to google this to no avail. Does anyone have any info about the "April's Children" research? I was born in April 1983 and I'm pretty curious about the research end of this. (Altho, I am not saying I actually buy into it)

Thanks,
Ana

Edit- correction...

[edit on 10/31/2006 by Anesthesia]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
other than Wikipedia and whatever is said here I know no more. It sound interesting and compeling, I seem to fit into all of the characteristics; i was born in april '83 and i have a birth mark...really interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anesthesia

Here's a bit more, quoting the same author:

BLOG

And, especially, here:

Metaphysiko

I remember April 1983 - it was great.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
here's what i found...

Data from the Greek Perinatal Study in April 1983 revealed an excessively high perinatal mortality rate of 21.6 per 1000 total births among singletons despite a low birthweight rate of only 4.5%. Comparison of perinatal mortality rates with Danish mortality rates in 1983, revealed the Greek rates to be three times higher than those in Denmark. When divided by time of death, the Greek stillbirth rates were two times higher and the early neonatal mortality rates were four times higher than the corresponding Danish rates. Subdivision of the Greek perinatal deaths using the Wigglesworth classification showed that the biggest group (40%) consisted of deaths associated with intrapartum asphyxia. The incidence of such deaths was 10 times higher than that found in Denmark.

www.blackwell-synergy.com...

it's interesting, but that's all i could drag up on my searches.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was born in April 1983 in Greece but I don't feel special in anyway, I have no birth marks and if you ask me my creativity and great imagination can be related to the fact that I'm left handed.
However in 2000 or 2001 they came at my school and gave us a questionary (as a first stage), after that we had to go to a hospital, for some more tests I suppose (I never went so I don't know).
The questionary was very ordinary, asking questions about everyday life, what we usually eat etc.
There was another girl born in April 1983 in my class but after high school we lost contact so I don't know whether she continued with the survey or not.
Although I don't believe in some cosmic influence or anything paranormal, the results of such a survey sound interesting and I would like to read it when it's published

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interesting thread. So what made April 1983 special? Was there something about planet alignment?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
hmm it brings up the thought that John Gribbin wrote a book called the Jupiter effect based on the planet ending in 1983 based on the fact that a millennium planetary alignment would occur,

Might be worth looking in to....

I have heard some thought there was some truth in it, Though the world did not end lol, Maybe something else happened,

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was also born on April in 1983. I'm curious to know about this birthmark I keep hearing, what does it look like and where is it on the body? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was born on 15th April,1983...I have a mole below my left eye. Do anybody have it...........

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love this kind of new information. S&F to you OP!!!! It's something I had never heard of before. Wow, I wonder what the results were. That would soooo be interesting to read!!!! I was not born in April, nor in 1983, I was born in March a decade and a year before...lol. It would be interesting for all of born that month and that year to get a birthchart done, there is one online free, I don't know the link right now. Maybe something would turn up there? If it was about an alignment the birthchart would certainly reflect this.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It was said that the antichrist would be born in April 1983. So the University of Athens made those researches because it was trying to find out who was the antichrist. There is also a greek book written about these prophecies by a priest named father Maximus. He had made lots of researches and had read many books before he wrote his book. He supports that the antichrist will be a politician and he'll be very handsome,conscientious,trusty and he'll bring people with his side so that they'll think that he's Jesus Christ. Moreover, he will make miracles and he'll solve many problems of humanity like hunger and so on. He will first make his appearance as a politician in 2013. After 3 years of peace,kindness,wellfare and goodness he will reveal his true identity. Then for 5 years the rain will stop, all animals on earth will die and then humanity will suffer from some beasts which will be sent by the antichrist. All people on earth will face many difficulties,hardships and other very terrible situations until Jesus comes. When he arrives, the antichrist will be crushed and all people on earth will be judged whether they go to heaven or to hell. Here's the link with the video of the priest's interview. It's in greek of course. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by panas_95
It was said that the antichrist would be born in April 1983. So the University of Athens made those researches because it was trying to find out who was the antichrist. There is also a greek book written about these prophecies by a priest named father Maximus. He had made lots of researches and had read many books before he wrote his book. He supports that the antichrist will be a politician and he'll be very handsome,conscientious,trusty and he'll bring people with his side so that they'll think that he's Jesus Christ. Moreover, he will make miracles and he'll solve many problems of humanity like hunger and so on. He will first make his appearance as a politician in 2013. After 3 years of peace,kindness,wellfare and goodness he will reveal his true identity. Then for 5 years the rain will stop, all animals on earth will die and then humanity will suffer from some beasts which will be sent by the antichrist. All people on earth will face many difficulties,hardships and other very terrible situations until Jesus comes. When he arrives, the antichrist will be crushed and all people on earth will be judged whether they go to heaven or to hell. Here's the link with the video of the priest's interview. It's in greek of course. www.youtube.com...

i was just wondering if all that information was secluded to that youtube video or not, i can't stand having to sit through videos and i'd much rather read through some of that also much rather than try and google it all separately

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Most of them were in that video but I've also found a lot of information in the Bible. We are also taught religious education at school because 95% of Cyprus' population is Christians Ordthodox. So I've learnt many things about our religion at school.
You could google "Satanic Bible","Nostadamus Effect" or you could also download the Bible translated in English...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by panas-95]

[edit on 1-4-2010 by panas-95]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was born on the 1st April 1981, I know the topic is abut April 83 I have to share what I have experienced.

high IQ, mental abilities, peculiar dreams and spiritual experiences

Without sounding like I have a huge Ego the above is very true.

Starting off with the main thing that stands out for me thats not on the list, is the fact that I haven't been Doctors or Hospital in over 10 years. I have never broke a bone in my body despite having accidents such as, Falling off a roof, Falling through the roof of an abandoned building, hitting a wall at high speed on a push bike and then going over the wall with my head landing next to a rock (If I hit the rock my brains would of been splattered all over it) something wants me alive. I don't have the best IQ in the world but I have the ability to learn quicker than most people, sometimes I have found myself doing things I never thought I could do. I'm a great problem solver due to my strong point of having brilliant observation. Mental Ability wise I wouldn't even know where to begin or how to even explain some of those ability or things I have experience, sometimes I can literally see into the future or way back into the past the best I can compare it to is natural Remote Viewing. I have a built in need to help people around me, more so because I am very connected with other peoples emotions and feelings. Dreams I have are totally unreal, although not lucid. The messages contained within my dreams have served a great purpose throughout my life.

Spiritual Experience once again is something I cannot describe with words, however I will try my best. I once went to see a spiritual healer in Newark UK, this healer has a very good reputation and very close friends to some of the best Psychics/Healers in the UK. The moment she met me she kept thanking God, she seemed excited shocked and kept mentioning my aura saying I was an amazing person. The first time I had healing off her she said I don't really need healing but was more than happy to continue giving me it. I think it was the third time I went for healing she just burst out laughing, almost as if she became enlightened, this got me laughing too and the moment was surreal, my friend was present in the room at the time and he also joined in with the laughs. We were like 3 children, totally free from a normally busy mind, free from negativity. The next thing I heard was a crap load of birds singing outside, I took a look out the window and the tree next to the healers house was completely full of birds singing.

After leaving the healers that day life changed for me, I still had a lot to learn and a lot to overcome but it's been an amazing experience up to now. Yea I still have bad days like everyone else, but I learn from them and become stronger, I don't punish myself over them like I see with most people.

I would like to point out though, I am not New age so please don't place me into a category of the illusion that the new age is. Some people have made comments to me e.g. It's all new age crap....or even religious crap... I can assure you it isn't.. I have ventured down the new age/religious path before and saw it for what it was, what I am needs no explanation, or even stature or status. I simply just am, I am as equal and unique as every other living thing in the universe. I certainly don't look up or bow down to any God icon, or even God.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by IamNow]

new topics

top topics

join