It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's relationship with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There have been a great many articles on the internet and in the international news that the relationship that America has with Israel is why we have terrorism today. If this is so, then would America's position in the international community improve if we were to back off some regarding support for Israel.

In response to the replys form all of you, I think that you somehow have missed the point.

WOULD AMERICA BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT ISRAEL AS AN ALLY?????

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by Eljay]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
From a religious stand piont, the bible says those that are against Isreal are God's enemy... or something like that. And no, no one can quote me on that.

From another stand-point, abandoning them now, would be like dumping your girlfriend because she is bad luck.

I think I would very much hate America if they were to abandon Isreal. I'd probably go on a killing spree and kill anyone that participated in the decision. Okay, so that was a bit extreme, but I think I got my point across.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow Eagle...Jewish... Isreali or both ?

The US did make a Huge Mistake supporting Isreal
The state of Isreal should not exist they have Done Horrors to the Palestinian people in their Mad Effort to establish a Zionist State
Its just Wrong !
How can the the Experience of the Jewish people in WW2 give them the Right to Commit Evils on others ?
Why cant they understand they are Guilty !
The Bible is as Evil as the Koran
If that makes Me Gods Enemy
Thats Gods Problem
not Mine !
AS far as abandoning them now....
I dont know ? If they would move to truely make Peace
No !
If they dont change their ways.....Yes !!!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The US has been receiving counsel from the Israelis' since the mid 1960's. In not only technical issues but also in issues concerning security. The US overt the last 40+ years has been in as if it were they the Israeli's. It started with envy of their apparent democratic procedure but with an undeniable ability to maintain and enforce imputable security of classified programs.
In order to improve the US's standing in the world community would for the US to submit to the World Court System and any action deemed by them as appropriate. That would start it.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The state of Isreal should not exist

How can the the Experience of the Jewish people in WW2 give them the Right to Commit Evils on others ?

Perhaps you missed some of the other threads where this was discussed. No one is saying "boohoo world war two wasn't nice to the jews, now they can do what they want". The reason why world war two is mentioned in relation to the establishment of a jewish state is because of what happened in europe then.

I will provide a simple example to clarify this for you. If you live in an apartment building with an abusive landlord, what's the first thing on your mind? "Damn I wish i had my own place. Wouldn't have to deal with this jerk".

Yes, world war two was the final catalyst for the jewish people. Coming to the realization that Europe is not a land they could consider home. That none of the countries where they had major communities for hundreds of years cared at all for them or gave a damn if they all got killed or not. So what? So the answer is, the people who they live with don't care. So their own country was the only logical alternative. It's very simple.

lonedaddy, i had no issues with your first paragraph. Your second however was a bit confusing. The concept of a world court? come on now... it's so easy to say isn't it? and who would control this all powerful supergroup? and how would we the citizens supposedly bound by their rulings keep them in check?

i also don't understand why people (and im not referring to lonedaddy) who are always talking about the NWO and all the horrible things going on to create one governing body over all and how it's so bad, are the same people singing the praises of the UN and world courts. as jakomo always says... "baa" one day you'll see why

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok lets all band together and cecede from whatever country we live in and form a new country to cater to us. We will call it ATSlvania, or maybe ATSlvokia.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"So their own country was the only logical alternative. It's very simple."

So go TAKE IT FROM THE PALISTINIANS ?????

W T F ...is Wrong with This Logic

ITS ..WRONG !!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OH I See

OK Im part Scottish .... Hummm

These American Bastards ,,dont like me SO

LOOKOUT SCOTLAND !!!

Were coming "HOME"

And If Ya dont like it ..WELL

I'LL just have to Bulldoze your we little cottages

and Kill yer Clansmen.....EH ???????????

Nothing personal just my GOD GIVEN RIGHT !

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
take it from who? as far as i can tell from historical documents and archaeological findings it seems to be and most clear minded people that the jewish people had been there just as long and had as much claim to the land as anybody.

Would you dispute the historical findings? i'm not saying the palestinian people living there should be tossed into the wind. however, to say that the jews have zero rights to it is to ignore simple history.

the fact is, they needed a place where perhaps not everyone was trying to kill them (like it or not that's how europe had become toward them). why not go back to their historical roots. you make it as though the jews picked some random land that they had no connection to and said "hey let's go here"

come on man

mind you, israel had no problems with the partitions set up in 1948 by which the land was shared between the two groups, but the other side kinda did. consult a history book for that whole story.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Your Eyes must be brown..
Because you definately Full of # !

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i'll just take that with a grain of salt and understand that not all of members of society are capable of a two sided debate in a civil fashion. that's somehow a shame, but quite frankly at this point neither the time nor the patience exist to have discussions with people who don't want to do the same.

enjoy your time on ats. perhaps one day you'll progress beyond the attempted humor (emphasis on attempted) and rejoin those interested in real discourse. until then, pardon me for paying you as much mind as other social annoyances like stepping in gum.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, I guess the "full of #" comment was a knee jerk reaction to not being able to handle the facts.
It's a historical fact that the Israelis were on that land before the Palestinians. Before that, the land was settled by the Canaanites. So using a historical "they were there first" argument for the Palestinian side is no good. Palestinian claims to the land only date back to the mid 19th century - before that the land was mainly populated by Christians and Arabs.

The modern creation of the State of Israel was not just a Jewish action. When Jews were released from the concentration camps after WW2, nobody wanted to give them a home. Racism was (as it is today) prevalent in Western society.

Israel was formally recognised as being created and being the Jewish homeland by the UN in 1947. It has a standing in legality.
Of course you can always disagree with law and historical fact but you're not left with much of an argument after that.

One interesting fact with regards to the US relationship with Israel: In November 1947 the new United Nations approved a partition plan supported by 33 nations including the USSR and the USA. Thirteen nations (mostly from the Arab League) opposed it. Eleven nations (including Britain) abstained. Jerusalem was to remain under international control.

top topics

join