It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

muslim cleric now says "women cherished pearls"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Talk about a backflip!

au.news.yahoo.com...

In Pace Always
resi

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Only he knows whether it is a sincere apology, or the result of pressure from his elders. But in the spirit of brotherhood, we should accept it and forgive him this one time.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Referring to women as decorative items valued mostly as status symbols is a backflip? Let me guess, he went on to say, "women are great. I own a few myself," right?

I'm sorry but it takes a lot more than sweet talking metaphors to atone for sanctioning rape. Maybe this is just my past witnessing of domestic abuse talking, but that seems like a pretty typical empty apology.

Where's the substance? Where's the proclamation that from now on a woman's brother is obligated to murder the rapist instead of his sister if he absolutely can't abstain from spilling blood over sex?

edit to add:

But he has also added fuel to the fire, accusing judges of discriminating against Muslim rapists.

Oh, I should have read more carefully the first time. He's backing down from his anti-woman stand, not his pro-rapist stand.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmmmm I wonder if this could have anything to do with it

www.thenoseonyourface.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok crucify me for using the term backflip...I am damned with everything I post it seems. Pardon my intrusion

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow, what a compliment.

He's not doing himself any favours.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Ok crucify me for using the term backflip...I am damned with everything I post it seems. Pardon my intrusion

I wasn't targeting you at all, only the cleric. I was simply observing that it was possible to construe his words in a certain manner. On ATS it is important to have at least a little bit of a thick skin. Believe me, when people go after you, you'll know it. That wasn't it. I have no ill will towards you.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
received and understood...no worries matey. I am a bit sensitive sometimes...my weakness not yours

In Pace Always
resi

top topics

join