It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese UAV/UCAV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

China Soar Dragon High Altitude Unmanned Scout

29-06-2011

edit on 30-6-2011 by homing28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by homing28

Hmmm.. interesting find. It appears to be an amalgam of different western UAV's namely the Global Hawk and Predator/Reaper families. It also appears to be a ground test article as they seem to be setting it up for radar/EM testing. Those black objects underneath appear to be anechoic absorption panels and I could not discern any landing gear. Be that as it may it would mean that this is not some sort of dummy being paraded around to gain media/political points for party propaganda, but a serious article that is under development. I would take a rough guess and say that IOC would be 2-5 years away. I wonder what sort of sensor suite and comms gear it carries? By the RQ-4 style humpback nose I would say it would definitely carry a wide-band satellite antenna. I doubt that it is meant to be armed though, looks much more like an ISR asset.

LEE.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I had not seen that green one before, i will pass the photos along to my associates. However, I did write short blurb about the prototype UAV with the box wings. It really is a strange bird.

www.politikalmatters.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The matte black one is called "Dark Sword" a UCAV. It an unmanned fighter plane and not a surviellance drone. A supersonic unmanned fighter and rumours have it that it had been tested

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by planeman

High performance requires certain aerodynamics therefore fighter jets TEND to look alike. Even high performance sportbikes like the Yamaha FZR600 and the Triumph Daytona 650 look alike. F1 cars on the grid all look alike except for their team colours and the same goes for Champ cars and Indy cars. I won,t be unduly surprise to see all military aircraft looking alike in the future except for the insignia/roundels on their wings and tail fin. There can never be a major difference like having a square cockpit/canopy because the designs follows a required parameter. So everyone can now copy..its OK. " Copycat catch a rat"...thats what I heard when I was in primary school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join