It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can science explain "super-powers"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am setting this thread up as an expantion to the about super power. I would like to get explinations for the odd abilities that certain people seem to exibit. Now, my primary goal is to come up with scientific explinations. I know that many of you will tend to swing the forum in a psychic aspect, but that is pretty hard to test or even proove. I would like to see if i could get explinations and opinions on biological abilities(ex: regeneration, Speed, etc.).

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
EXPLA-NATION ... lol

and yes science does... atleast on the planck scale, with super-position, entanglement and the whole lot... Quantum Physics does an amazing job of explaining these phenomenon...

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 27-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes quantum physics does explain this kind of behavior but the majority of the scientific community has not come to terms with the logistics yet. I would suffice to say that 95% of the world population has not even heard of the word "quantum" let alone quantum physics. In order for this idea to circulate around the world, positive thinking studies must be published in newspapers, shown on tv newsbroadcasts, etc. With people still living in the dark age even in our so-called technologically advanced west (philosophically speaking) due to preconceptions based on religion and what people can and cannot do...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My next question would have to be; on a biological level how would these traits be explained? And please enlighten us. If you are sure that you can explain these events, please do so. Do not just list things that proove. I am conducting a little study here and im interseted in what people may know about these traits. And have any of you actully expeirenced any of these things. Either seen some one or you your self. OTHER THAN A PSYCHIC ABILITY. I only say this because every lab test I have conducted on that field had been inconclusive, and or non-repeatable.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am not denying the existnce of sutch abilities, nor am I confirming them. I just have yet to seen them in action. Other abilities on the other hand have shown some positive results.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
@ Ethose2001

I am conducting a little study here and im interseted in what people may know about these traits. And have any of you actully expeirenced any of these things. Either seen some one or you your self. OTHER THAN A PSYCHIC ABILITY. I only say this because every lab test I have conducted on that field had been inconclusive, and or non-repeatable.

Interesting, and I assume you are a scientist of some sort or, at least, are using scientific method in your study.

Personally, I don't think any of it is a matter of biology, chemistery, or any other measure of Matter, unless one could, by means of MRI and other imaging, and other means of monitering brain wave activity, pin down the active functions involved in a specific manifestation of a "phenominon"--such as "Energy" Healing. Religious Beliefs in almost every Culture have long recognized abilities such as Healing, as Spiritual Gifts. That "fact" in itself leand itself to the lack of the necessry stand-alone technology required for provable measurement. My own theory is that these abilities are based in an area of Life, itself, that we do not yet comprehend. Face it, we know far more about Alpha Centuri than we do Life right here.

Just my experience, and I am, again, revealing more about myself than I like, I have been active in healing since I was a child. At 60, I cannot tell you how this is done, only that my success rate with it is in the 90% range. Being Native American helps, as this sort of gift in people is an accepted part of our Culture and society. I don't hang out a shingle for this, and never have, or will, charge for these services for either a Human or an Animal--I work alot with Horses--as we consider such a Gift given for Service. Yet, I have done healing which had a spontanious effect in front of Licensed Veterinarians, among others. Most of the conditions have been acute and required prompt action, and lives have been saved as a result. This has run the gamut from Colic,String-halt, Locked Stifles, torn ligaments, tendons, muscles,and connective tissue, dislocated joints, Infections, Laminitis, Broken Limbs, and Hoof Abcesses to Cancer in Humans and Horses. Horses are easier, as they will readily accept the help. Sometimes Humans don't, as belief and doubt play a role in a Human's acceptance process.

I think, at present, the only way to actuall "prove" the existance of gifts like mine and those of others, would be to gather quantitative data. That healing is repeatable is a fact in my own life and work, but, demos are a matter of occurance, and cannot be controled.

Ethose--good luck in your studies. I'd gladly help you out in any way I can. There is alway U2U if you wish to contact me.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
of you want scientists to test " super powers " you must first present test subjects with consistent demonstrable and repeatable " super powers " .

otherwise you are just wasting time .

you mention " regeneration " , now if [ in a hypothetical case ] a man who demonstrated regenerative abilities [ that were consistent and repeatable ] was DNA sequenced and discovered to have " salamander genomes " , then if testing of his children revealed that one possesses salamander genes , and the other did not .

this would prompt scientists to theorise that salamander genes could be a source of the mans regenerative ability

and chopping off his children’s feet would test this - if the son [ who possesses salamander genes ] grew his feet back , and the daughter [ who did not have salamander dna ] did not regenerate

that would be evidence that salamander DNA could be a cause of the regenerative ability

of course the next step would be to investigate other shared traits possessed by both father and sun - the most obvious would be that the " regeneration " ability could be linked exclusively to the male " y " chromosome - and thus not linked to " salamander dna "

to test this theory - would require a female who was both capable of regeneration , and possessed salamander dna

hope that simplified explanation helped

in conclusion - if you want a scientific explanation - the trait must be testable , not anecdotal . and repeatable .

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Let me clairfy myself. When I say regeneration I am refering to rapid healing of wounds. Not regrouth of limbs. Also, let me pont out that I do not mean imortality. I just mean the unusually fast healing of serious wounds. One subject seems to posses this ability,but, i guess it should not be called an ability, he cant control it, it just happens. When I first noticed these type of things were accuring I was amazed, and astonished. But, when I took a closer look it seems that there are perfectly logical reasons to why this happens to the subject.

top topics

join