It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fried Coke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Fried food, Coke floats (extra-yummy with H-Daz). Hmmm, how about Deep-fried Coke? Or Deep-fried Coke-on-a-stick?

I wonder if they do Diet-Coke (gotta get my 37.3mg/100 ml of Asparatame)? Texas, NC State Fairs and it's spreading... a news link. It's the "Real Thing". LOL.

Victor K.

43'

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
sounds like the folks in the US of A(te) might need to invest in products with an additional 'X' in the size..

I tried Deep fried Mars bars when I went to school over a decade ago and even that was bad... but coke... sweet jebus!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

www.dallasnews.com...
If you like doughnut holes with a Coke flavor, then you'll like it," he said. "It's something everyone should try once."

A popular thing out by me for a while, especially at feasts and fairs, was Fried Oreos and Fried Twinkies.

Basically, all these things are zeppolis or fried dough, wads of dough, plopped into oil vats for frying. For italian zeppoli's you often mix the dough with riccotta. Stick an oreo in it before frying, its Fried Oreos. Apparently this guy soaks the dough in Coke, then fries it.

Fried Twinkies I think aren't covered in dough, and the frying melts and crystalized the twinky and filling, sort of like into a custard.

Last night I went out for indian food, and had a mixed appetizer plate. MOst of what was on it was covered in dough and had been fried. Breaded and Fried Cauliflower, potatoes, etc. This sort of thing has been going on for a long time I suspect. I think some of them were even breaded with cornmeal, like a corndog.

Here is a pic:
www.wfaa.com...
I think what they are doing is then taking the coke soaked dough balls, then putting them into drinking cups, and pouring some unmixed coke-syrup onto them (similar to the powdered sugar on zeppolis I suppose).
[edit on 27-10-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i've never had fried coke, but its like a coke donut, it would be interesting to try. when i first heard of it, i thought maybe they froze coke, then covered it in batter than fried it, like deep fried ice cream. that might be kinda good.....

Cug

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
sounds like the folks in the US of A(te) might need to invest in products with an additional 'X' in the size..

I tried Deep fried Mars bars when I went to school over a decade ago and even that was bad... but coke... sweet jebus!

Well deep fried mars bars came from the fish and chip shops in Scotland. Apparently Scotland has a history of tossing just about everything into the beef fat. Deep fried pizza for example.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
deep fry mah snickers now!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Deep fried, chocolate covered coffee beans.

Deep fried Coco pop bars.

Deep fried DVD roms....

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I just tried this one. One of our staff cooked this. Gee! I like the combination. Specially the cinnamon taste!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's one of the fundamental laws of the universe... deep-frying makes everything better.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There's a bar/pub near me that does deep fried dill pickles, it's dipped into a beer batter then into the fryer, I was not impressed, soggy, warm and mushy on the inside.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A pub in Indianapolis does deep-fried pickles as one of their specialties. They're crisp and crunchy, and outstanding. I order em every time I visit the city.

That said, I've tried making my own, and they came out just the way you said - dismally mushy and limp. :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
and I thought only doing coke would get you fried

What will they fry next? The truly sad thing is that I'm wondering if its anygood or if I will

top topics

join