It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Special Report Final Part

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Screen changes from the test-card to the Prime Minster The Rt. Hon Tony Blair MP.

PM: Good Morning, this Morning for the first time in the History of the United Kingdom I have used the powers of my office in order to communicate some important information to the population of these small by mighty Islands.

Over the last few months, the Government of the United States of America, with help from various scientists from around the world including the Royal Geological society have been monitoring unusual Geological events that have been taking place in the Yellowstone National Park.

These events have led the scientists to believe that there is a clear and immediate danger of the Yellowstone volcano erupting. You may well be asking how does this affect us in the UK.

Without going into the technical details, which are currently been released to the media worldwide, the Yellowstone volcano is what geologists call a super-volcano.

If and I must emphasise the word if, it explodes it could have a catastrophic effect on the world as we know it.

As such effective immediately I am declaring a state of emergency. The following actions are been taken.

1) A full call up of all the Reserve forces.
2) Effective immediately prices on all goods are to remain static.
3) The Stock Exchange is to close in 10 Minutes.
4) Central Government is to release extra powers to local authorities.

Further actions are to be taken and will be communicated to everyone through the media.

Again I would like to �..

[At this point the PM is slipped a note by an aide]

Can we stop recording pleas�

TV signal goes to black for about ten seconds, then we go back to the BBC news 24 studio.

Hu Edwards: We are sorry about that we seem to be having a few technical difficulties with the video from Downing Street at present, we will try to return there as soon as possible. But now we are going back to America to talk with John Taylor.

John Taylor: Hu, thank you. You have arrived at the right moment; about a minute ago I got a phone call from David Grant who is the Senior Washington Post reporter at the White House. In the brief conversation we had before he was forced to end the call, it would seem that the President, his aides, the Majority leader, the minority leader and various other high ranking officials have just left for Andrews Air Force base, where they will be travelling to an undisclosed location.

David then said that he had been talking to one of the aides who was left behind and he got this quote.

�Its like Rats leaving a sinking ship, normally we would travel with the President but it would seem that he no longer thinks that he is going to need speech writers and spin doctors.�

At this point David was cut off, by a Marine guard who ordered him to terminate the call.

Hu: John, are you saying that the Government of the United States has left Washington.

John: Hu, I still have to have it confirmed but yes it would seem so. Hang on Hu; we are hearing something here in Washington.

[Mumbling is heard from the Washington Studio]

John: Hu, I am not sure if this is right but there are various new wire reports coming in of a massive explosion in the North-Western United States

[Picture starts to break up, but we get an enough of a clear view of the Washington Studio to know that it is being hit by earth tremors. Severe earth tremors. After a short time the picture dissolves to Static]

Hu Edwards: [to off camera.. What the hell is happening, can we get him back] Ladies and Gentlemen it would seem that something is happening in the United States at present, we are trying to get more information at the moment, but it would seem that the Yellowstone volcano might just have erupted.

[Off camera, have we got him]

It looks like we have John Taylor are Washington reporter back on a satellite phone.

John can you hear me?

John: Yes Hu, I can.

Hu: Can you tell us what just happened?

John: It felt something like an Earthquake, but was shorter, like the Earth just gave a shudder.

Hu: What is happening now John?

John: It seem quite at the moment, hang-on we are just moving out into the street.

[Static and mumbling follows, then screams]

I don�t believe Hu, if you can hear me it seems like the whole of the Western Horizon is on Fire. Oh my God! It�s getting closer. Hu if you can hear me it�s getting closer.

Hu: What is John

John: �[static]�.the fire�[wind noises and more static]�the wind�..so hot�.[signal is lost]

Hu: John, John can you hear me, John.

TV Screen goes to black.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Very cool, I'd been waiting for this. At the end of the day, if it happens, it's gonna be quick!

Well written

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
interesting, just read the first installment.

does this leave it open for a sequel?? i hope so.

i would like to see a plot twist though (personally)

maybe some other type of fire

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
interesting, just read the first installment.

does this leave it open for a sequel?? i hope so.

i would like to see a plot twist though (personally)

maybe some other type of fire

Damm , yeah there will be a sequel.

Just think what other countries will try to do with the US distracted

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityschild
Just think what other countries will try to do with the US distracted

Aw hell...there goes the neighbourhood!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
looking forward to the sequels

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Where's the sequels? - I want to know what happens lol

nice story, trinityschild - it could be strangely prophetic (let's hope not)

look forward to the sequel(s)

top topics

join